24: Season 4: Episodes 1-2 (7:00am - 9:00am) Season Premiere!

He got too busy schilling for Allstate Insurance.

Ha! JarJar will always be the Queen of Annoying Characters. And this new CTU boss reminds me of Will Ferrell’s Janet Reno. Other than that, a great start to the season.

If we’d use a decimal or 24-hour clock, this confusion wouldn’t happen. Shouldn’t the title actually read “7:00 - 8:59 AM” ?

I think the CTU boss is going to let her hatred of Jack cost a lot of lives. I wanna see Chloe go nuts, though.

The last tick (or beep) of the clock was 9:00 am.

Yeah… I guess we’re supposed to feel bad about her ‘forbidden love’ (and I do want the father to get glocked), but she followed him?? Very nice 15-year-old stalker behavior there. Eesh. Anyway, I thought it took the first episode a little time to get going, but once it did, everything was fine. Jack’s certainly in fine rule-breaking form, isn’t he? It got to be a little much, actually. Shooting the guy was great, but we also had him attacking the security guy, trying to kung-fu his late partner, etc. He must be hoping nobody finds out about that. How can they trust him to do anything at this point?

Jack’s a badass. He can just reinstate himself (and usually does)… unofficially, of course.

Okay, Chloe opened up in the first hour with a few of her usual annoying snarky remarkies… but I’d just like to say that after those, the second hour was actually the least annoying that she’s ever been.

(Of course, I do realize this is like saying that today the ocean was the least wet I’ve ever seen it, but I’ll take the good times where I can get 'em… ;))

Other random observations…

• Field-agent Wannabe-Jack lasted an even shorter time than I thought he would.

• Bicycle Getaway Boy has lasted longer than I thought he would.

• Where do they train those Secret Service guys assigned to the Sec. of Defense? I guess all the ones who actually passed Gun Battles 101 are assigned to the Prez.

• I liked Heller’s attitude on the “Take off your clothes” command. “You first!”

• “Just remember, you follow MY commands”. (Jack should have said, “Fine, but I’m still better at this than you…”)

Didn’t he say at the end of last season that he was dropping out of the race? Keeler sorta had to win.

Yep. After all the stuff that went down, Palmer said he was not going to seek re-election after all. So pretty much Keeler got it by default (or at least, the fact that it was too late to get a viable replacement out there).

Nah, you knew that was gonna happen. If there’s a gunfight and Jack’s not there, the good guys lose. If there’s a gunfight and Jack is there, nobody kills any bad guys but Jack. My conclusion is that without Jack, anti-terrorism agents in this country are Imperial Stormtroopers.

Tonight was the first time that I have ever watched the show. Did I get me some good ‘24’? I liked it but how does it compare to what has come before?

I expected no less from William Devane.

BTW, has anyone noticed that CTU security is wearing RED freaking SHIRTS now???
Totally appropriate considering the ease with which they’ve been eliminated in the past. Hell, a red shirt should be mandatory for every freaking CTU field agent except for Bauer.

Blasphemy! That little runt isn’t fit to arrange Elisa’s fan letters. Now you might have an agruement with Heller’s daughter.

[MST3K]Damn! He’s got a ten-speed.[/MST3K]

They’ve ramped up the action compartively speaking.

If you can overlook nitpicks, you’re in for an exciting show.

To quote MST3K: It’s just a show, you should really just relax.

Well, to their credit, they were ambushed and taken by surprise. Also, hard to defend against a rocket launcher (or whatever took out that car) with handguns. Even so, the stormtroopers were apparently on a donut break. :wink:

BTW, good points by Finagle – I was also having to stretch out the old Suspension-Of-Disbelief on the computer thing. Kid knowing exactly what’s happening as raw bytes are flowing past him faster than one could even read English.

Would have been funnier, though, if instead of having him downloading pirate copies of Micro$loth and Adobe software, if he’d been downloading DVD rips of season 1 of the hit show “24”. (Disclaimer: I’m not advocating this – just saying it would have made for a little fun irony ;))

“Ok Bauer…your’re in! Now get out of that suit and go down to the Armani outlet for some field clothes”
I would have thought the new head of CTU would be a bit more competant, considering that she has previous elite covert TV government agency leadership experience (as the head of Section One in the old Le Femme Nikita series…basically playing the same exact character).
Note to self…first place to check for bad guys is always the old abandoned bunker complex.

Pretty good… although it would be seriously hard to top the ending of episode 1 of season 2. (Jack’s line – I’m sure all you 24 die-hards know the one I mean).

well, it’s good to see that they’re getting the action going early this year.

One BIG flaw that I noticed in episode 2 that really annoyed me - only one hour after a nearby train was bombed, LA’s train station is up and running like normal??? I don’t think so.

I can’t believe I forgot to write this the last post, but what annoyed me even more was that whole exchange between Andrew and Chloe…how can she assume that looking at routing table maps and searching for warez to download are related (especially since they AREN’T). In the past, 24 has been pretty reasonable when it comes to technology, but that whole display of text (in red, no less!) in the midst of trying to “steal” a copy of Photoshop made absolutely no sense.