24: Season 4: Episodes 1-2 (7:00am - 9:00am) Season Premiere!

Red shirts! What’s next - will Jack time travel? Come to think of it, most of his problems have been with aliens.

So Jack shoots a prisoner to get info - nothing compared to when he shot the guy and chopped off his head to establish his cover. He must be slowing down in his old age. Let’s see - he shoots someone, bashes a guard, and they say they will charge him for shooting a prisoner and then turn him over to Division? Who do they have in Division who can scare Jack?

Jack’s girlfriend so far has not been running around braless like Kim, but she does seem to have nice legs.

Poor President Palmer - he has to drop out, and the only job he can get is an insurance salesman. At least they kept him on the show.

Was that the regular train station? like Amtrak and such? I was under the impression it was just the subway or something… (although the kid did say he was trying to get out of town).

And apparently Bike Boy never tried to call mommy back? I’d think he would have tried to call her again (on a cell) to check up on her, and make sure she wasn’t hurt or lying on the floor with her throat slit, or something else like that… Oh well, I guess what do you expect from a kid who, when fleeing from gunmen, heads for his locked bike. And who believes the foreign-looking guy claiming to be Jack Bauer (whose voice sounds totally different), especially when he arrives alone (even though Chloe just said on the phone that “they” are almost there). I vote for Bike Boy (not Debbie, who doesn’t know she’s in danger yet) as the new Kim.

Ryan Chappelle?

Oh wait… Jack shot him too. :smiley:

Bike Boy is Lukas Haas—the little Amish boy in Witness—all grown up now. He’s filled out nicely, I think. If you look at his IMDb entries, they indicate that he’s going to be in 4 hours of the show. Much more than I expected. Hope his character doesn’t get killed.

Well, I enjoyed Jack’s badass self in these episodes. He just never fails to delight me!

The head of CTU is Alberta Watson, who I remember from the La Femme Nikita series. I liked her in that show. She’s good in this one too, as an ice bitch (well, at least so far).

It shouldn’t matter. If a train that was close enough to LA that a guy on a motorcycle could get back to the city in 20 minutes was bombed, and it got onto the news with hints of “might be terrorism”, do you think that anybody is going to want to be anywhere NEAR a train an hour later, and that these crowds of people in a train station an hour later are not going to be panicing? By most logic, the station would be closed.

And Union Station (there are an awful lot of them…New Haven, CT and Washington, DC also have a Union Station) looked to be a long distance station…see the last episode of season 2 for a glimpse of LA’s subway stations.

Heck of a body count in the first hour. First, the train station incident. Then all of the hacker’s friends. Followed by all of the Secret Service arount Heller. High even by 24 standards.

Overall a really entertaining 2 hours. As always, need a little suspension of disbelief. But Jack’s still a badass.

I thought the Jack-wannabe was going to bite it in the dry cleaners to be honest. It was so obvious that he had to die. Too obvious. Just because of that, they should’ve kept him around longer.

Face it, ANYBODY who gets in Jack’s way is gonna die. Usually by Jack’s hand.

I expect technobabble from time to time, but “corrupting the internet”?? That’s just cheesy. Besides the internet is already corrupt… well the places I hang out at are anyways :slight_smile:

I thought Wm Devane the Sec. of Def for Palmer? Or am I just rusty on my 24 history?

I was hoping the ‘take off your clothes’ command was directed at both of them, but alas…

Anyone think that next season will start off with Jack shooting some suspect in the first 5 minutes?

Oh, very true – I knew he had to die, too. I just thought he would last a wee bit longer. To act as a bit of a foil for Jack and build up a little more conflict between them, if nothing else. A little more screen time just to prove how much more bad-ass and experienced Jack is than his field replacement.

Well, I guess his expiration date being 2 hours in proves it clearly enough…

According to IMDB, William Devane has not appeared on 24 previously. I don’t remember if we were specifically told who the Sec. of Defense was in Palmer’s administration, although I’m sure he would have been one of the folks in the cabinet meeting scene (voting Palmer out and putting the VP in charge) in season 2. IMDB lists credits for some of the other “Secretary of _____” positions, but Defense is not one of those.

Whaddya all think is in that case? (Hopefully not a toy airplane in an envelope.)

Did they ever get anything out of “working up” the passenger list? I was watching it with a couple of talkative folks.

I’m guessing it contains intelligence relating to the routing of nuclear or chemical materials through urban areas.

From a former so. CA resident:

Union Station serves Amtrak trains bound to San Diego, Vancouver, Chicago, and Orlando, as well as Metrolink (southern CA commuter rail), Metro Rail (downtown LA light rail), and is a hub for LA’s city buses. The train attacked in the first hour was probably a Metrolink train, as Metrolink runs a line from Union Station to Lancaster which passes through Santa Clarita. It’s about a 45-minute ride in the real world, but as we all know real world travel times don’t apply in the 24-iverse.

heh heh – good one. :wink:

Perhaps…

• Nude pics of Kim Bauer? (she was young. she needed the money)
  • Behrooz’s report card?
  • Nina Myers’ soul? (sort of a Pandora’s Box about to be released on the world?)
  • Chloe’s personality? (she had it surgically removed when she was a child)
  • dinosaur DNA embedded in amber?
  • a “Buy One Suicide Bombing Get One Free” coupon from the local terrorist cell

or…

• it was just the pepperoni and falafel pizza that Omar ordered.

I don’t know, but that post was hillarious!

Pretty good episode(s). I usually like the first few episodes-- good action packed adventure. I was watching it with a few friends who weren’t too familiar with 24, and they were amazed how esaily I predicted who would get whacked. For instance, Biker Boy’s mom was gone the minute she showed up on screen…

Jack is Jack. What would a premier show be without him torturing someone and breaking about 50 rules? Looks like Jar-Jar is the only CTU holdover from last time. Maybe Kim is now Director at another location. :slight_smile: Did anyone recognize Terrorist Mom? She played Ben Kingsley’s wife in The House of Sand and Fog and was, IIRC, nominated for Best Supporting Actress.

Not too much rolleyes stuff this time around, but:

Computer Whiz Kid sees some raw code and figures out it will take down the entire internet. Oooookkkkkayyyyy… And he recognizes the language as being “Middle Eastern”, whatever that means. Arabic or Turkish? Um, they use different alphabets and are not even in the same language family. Maybe the writers should have had him say it looked like a Muslim language. :slight_smile:

Jack “freezes up the security codes” or something like that in about 5 msec.

I think there were a few others, but I’m drawing a bit of blank right now.

Does Metrolink have a dining car with linen tablecloths and Venician blinds?

No doubt, I think TerrorTeen must have teleported home after placating DeepMeatGirlfriend.

And in my knowledge of train stations, there should have been absolutely no way to get from a platform to the parking lot without reentering the train station or jumping some tracks and a fence and attracting a lot of attention.

That was indeed Los Angeles’ Union Station. Tracks 3 and 4 are used by Metrolink trains. Amtrak trains leave from further back.

Tracks 1 and 2 are reserved for the MTA Gold Line.

It would be pretty hard to get off Track 3 and into that parking lot. But bad guys always seem to have really good parking spaces.

See, by not taking these good spaces, don’t you know? THE TERRORISTS HAVE ALREADY WON!

Uh, that’s DeadMeatGirlfriend…

Please don’t post information like that, as it could easily be construed as spoilers.
Also, for anyone who doesn’t know, the rules in these threads are NOT TO DISCUSS ANYTHING IN THE PREVIEWS FOR NEXT WEEK’S SHOWS!!! (Or if you want to do so, put them in spoiler boxes.)