A 60+ year old man just asked me out!

Me, too: one of my fondest memories was of flirting back with an 80-something casting director for the Ziegfeld Follies, back in 1981. He told me I looked “just like Miss Ruth Etting” and he could’ve taken me up to Flo’s office and gotten me “right into the Follies.” Bliss!

(By the way, I could not have looked less like Ruth Etting if I took a night course in “How Not to Look Like Ruth Etting”).

Truth be told, I might be guilty of uttering something like that :wink: - but I didn’t in this thread. My story involved a man who was seriously disrespecting his wife, and by calling her old and ugly, earned my disgust. Who did he think he was? Adonis? We’re all going to be “old and ugly” someday. I don’t do pity fucks or wham bam thank you ma’ams, or fulfill adulterous fantasies, no matter how young or old you are: debonair gray haired man, liver skinned pus weasel, strapping young man, or not.

Ew. Gray pubes! :stuck_out_tongue:

I currently have a crush on a woman my mom’s age. Fortunately for the both of our relationships, she’s straighter than a stainless steel I-beam in a gravitational void.

However, if in the unlikely event she ever made a pass at me, I don’t think those gray pubes would bother me one damned bit.

I’ll be eligible for AARP in less than a handful of years, and I tend to prefer younger men, mostly because I like my sex athletic and men my age are often toting waaay too much baggage or are whiny bitches. Last year I had a date with a 24 year old I met online–we had a beer, I liked his conversation and he was pretty as could be so I invited him over for dinner. He ended up propositioning me but I turned him down… just didn’t feel like getting used to a different guy at the time. I had been broken up with Mr Aleq (we do that fairly often) for about six months at the time and I realized I was missing him more than I was missing just getting laid. So I looked him up again at New Year’s and we’re being together again. He’s eight years younger than I and was nineteen when we met.

Age is largely a matter of opinion, seems to me. I know eighteen year olds who are more stodgy and “old” than I by a long shot.

Shuddering over the idea of an older man going for a younger woman is amusing to me…considering that I’m 22 and am primarily attracted to men in their 40’s. In fact, guys my own age become less and less appealing as I delve deeper into the dating world.

To each their own! :smiley:

Gee, you sound like you are becoming my type. :slight_smile:

I’ve never been happier since my husband shaved his head. And when he did the Atkins diet and got down to 220lbs, I was buying him snickers bars.

My heart can not be true to hairy, skinny man.

More for me, then! I just love them lanky hair farmers… :stuck_out_tongue:

Receding, thinning hair is Nature’s way of saying “Look! Not like the 17 year olds you used to date!” That’s why it’s hot.

I love dating older guys. It might be genetic; my great-grandfather’s third wife was 37 years his junior (and they were happily married for almost a decade until he passed away). I’m seeing someone 18 years my senior, and he makes me incredibly happy. And when I say he’s gorgeous, I don’t even have to add “for a guy who’ll be 50 next year.” And he’s smart, and has lots of experience at lots of things, and doesn’t have any nesting instinct going on, and it’s all awesome.

Corr

I actually prefer dating older guys, too. Just not 30 years older. As I said, 10-15 years is the maximum gap I’d consider. I just like someone who is into the same things as me.

I completely understand.

I’ve surprised myself with the age thing, though. I use to think that I wouldn’t be interested in anyone more than maybe 10 years older than me…then I fell for a guy 22 years older.

The man that I am currently having lunch with (as it is at the very beginning of something that could likely turn into something great, but I have no idea), is 26 years older. I’m not in for the money, he’s not in for the sex with a sweet young thing - there is just an undeniable attraction, both physical and otherwise.

Live and learn, I guess.

I have two physical criteria: Be 1) female and 2) alive. The rest are just *preferences. * Age hasn’t factored into it much.

This is something I have said to women on many occassions: not every date has to be consummated romantically or sexually. Some older men are quite comfortable with the platonic company of a delightful younger woman. You think George Burns made it with each sweet young thing on his arm?

You are right! I’d date George Burns, just because I adore him and know he’d make me smile.

At 42, I’m not exactly a spring chicken any more, but I will add my two cents to the discussion. My husband is 12 years older and has some snow on the rooftop! We are tremendously more compatible than my first husband and I were (and we are roughly the same age). When the bloom of youth fades it’s not a tragedy. People gain much more character as they age. Preserve me from the bland, unmarred face of the “ideal” youth!

Honestly: here is some advice for you youngsters. As you get older you’ll realize that a good personality really is the best thing about a person. Yes, we can all appreciate the ideals of physical beauty. But it’s a caring heart and a compatible spirit that makes a person attractive, no matter how many pages have turned on the calendar.

But I’m not saying physical beauty is most important. I’m saying a 30 year age difference IMO is too much! We are at completely different stages in our lives.

I already know personality is more important that physical beauty. I already know beauty is but spring, and fades into autumn…but I still have limits on whom I date.

I was responding to Askia’s poll.

There are gems of people all over the place, young and old. I prefer my husband; quiet, kind, mature, responsible, loving… and two years younger than me.

Yet if something ever happened to my husband and I started looking for a younger man, it’s often frowned upon (at least where I’m from). People are pissy enough that I married a man two years younger. “Why couldn’t you find a nice older man?” they ask. Youth doesn’t mean they have nothing to offer, or are desperately immature. My husband is more mature than most fifty year olds I know, for damn sure.

Seriously, to each their own.

I would date him too…at least, I would have when he was alive!