Agents of SHIELD: Shadows S02E01 [open spoilers]

The showrunners have said recently in an interview that Triplett is in every episode they’ve shot so far this season and his “recurring” vs. “regular” status has more to do with budgets and schedules. Same goes to Patton Oswalt.

Good episode. I did get really excited when Creel got the ball and chain weapon (his signature weapon in the comics).

I don’t get what is confusing. You don’t really need to know anything about the MU. You didn’t need to know anything in this episode beyond what they told you IN the episode.

Maybe I just don’t pay enough attention; I admit I’m usually multitasking when I watch SHIELD and I often look up and think “Who the hell is that guy?!”

Really liked the episode. Patton Oswalt was great.

I wish they given a reason for Hartley opening the 084 box as soon as she found it. I guess it was to make sure it wasn’t a decoy, but would hit have killed them to add a quick “Check to make sure the box isn’t a decoy” line?

I’m a little disappointed that Talbot has essentially become comic relief. Though Coulson imitating him was excellent - “Next time you see me, shake my hand soldier!”

Yeah, last night was a terrible episode to not pay full attention to. What, 6 or 7 new characters, not even counting Agent Carter’s crew.

Nice to see that they still have some assets, like credit cards and phony passports. The stealthed quinjet will be a lot easier to sneak around in than the Bus ever was.

The guards on Creel’s cell deserved whatever happened to them. What idiots. Not to mentioned they violated about a billion Standing Orders and Prisoner protocols.

The wife mentioned that Creel must shop at the same clothing store as Banner and Logan.

I thought that was a nice touch as well.

I really loved the fake out of Talbot to get the security codes. Nicely done and they didn’t make a big deal out of it. Just another way to show how smart they are without hitting you over the head with it.

New items for Coulson’s To Do list:

Bust Hartley and sidekick out of prison hospital.

Get Fitz some upgrades without paying too high a price. Wild-Ass speculation - Ward gives them access to Hydra tech that “cures” Fitz to show he’s “reformed.”

I really enjoyed the episode, especially Creel. I wonder where they’re going to have his powers originate? Hydra, Hydra/SHIELD, Asgard or Inhuman?

Good start tonight. I liked the look of Crusher Creel but I thought his personality was a little off compared to his comic book counterpart. In the comics he’s a talky bruiser type but here he was kind of “silent and deadly.” No big deal and there’s room for him to take on personality if they go that route – or don’t, the MCU is different after all. I do also wish they’d get away from naming the character as an aside and then never referring to it again, that’s becoming a played out trope in comic book movies/TV shows. Last night they had Lucy Lawless mention “that Absorbing Man” and then they never went back to it.

I don’t quite buy Agent Beefy McHotcakes being suicidal. I can see him being contrite and wanting to make up for what he’s done but trying to kill himself doesn’t seem within character. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

My daughter started to cry at the Fitz-Simmons reveal; that was pretty sad and it was very well done in the way that they presented it.

Very nice to see the mysteries of this season develop. We still need to know about TAHITI and Skye’s past but now what’s this freaky metal artifact and why did it stick to Lawless’s hand and burn it? Who’s this bad guy? Is anyone going to call General Talbot “Noodlehead Ned?”

Having the equivalent of a DR. of Marvel Comics, for me this show is fantastic and the blend in of characters is amazing. It is at the top of my shows to watch.

My doctorate is the result of having well over 8000 marvel comics in my attic, all of them well read.

I was initially thinking that Creel was going to escape by “touching” the air in the cell and then escaping through the vent.

I thought it was a great episode although I have to admit that the scene with Coulson spouting a lot of exposition near the beginning didn’t make much sense to me.

The Big Bad is apparently the Kraken. Also.

That “Also” says that Hartley died in the car crash. I don’t buy that.

I don’t even buy it that Idaho died in the car crash.

I think there’s a quote from Oscar Wilde saying people watch Shakespeare to recognize the quotations, and that’s sort of my problem with AOS - it seems like an okay action series whose main appeal is spotting Marvel characters. Fun as it was to recognize who Crusher Creel was (and recognize the actor as Penny’s loutish ex on TBBT early on), that’s not enough to carry the show for me. I think I’ll pass on it this sqeason.

Those were the Howling Commandos at the very beginning, right?

Correct. It was a nice call-out to the hiatus show.

Correct, that was Dum Dum Dugan in the Bowler hat and Agent Peggy Carter in charge.

I’ll admit the part where they were able to break into a military base and steal a jet was ruined for me by this Cracked article, which pointed out that even with a crew assisting it takes at least fifteen minutes to get a plane in the air.

To be fair Quinjets aren’t planes–they are a fictional aircraft, we don’t even know how they work.
My wife’s reaction was “Wait… May’s on the motorcycle, but she’s the pilot. Who is flying that thing?”