Anti-vax puppy owner

Took the new puppy to her first training class last night at PetsMart. One of the humans there wasn’t wearing just a MAGA hat, he was wearing an “Ultra-MAGA” hat. Near the end of class the trainer remembered he needed to check the vaccination records for all the canine participants. When he got to Mr. Ultra-MAGA he was told that the puppy had its rabies vaccine but nothing else - no parvo, no distemper, no lepto - nothing. Said he didn’t believe in them. The trainer told him that policy was that the dogs need to be fully vaccinated, but he would talk to his manager about converting to private lessons. In any case, Mr. Ultra-MAGA won’t be at future classes.

Good fucking grief…

I feel sorry for the innocent puppy, not the idiot owner who has no idea how to keep his pet healthy.

Look at the bright side.

When Mr unvaccinated ultra-MAGA dies of COVID the puppy can feast on all that delicious “pureblood” flesh unworried about being harmed by residual COVID vax cooties.

So win-win!!

I hope the private lessons are anywhere but at the training facility.

Poor puppy. It got a bad owner.

Oh, he knows how to keep the animal in good health. He just doesn’t care.

I’m not sure how you come to that conclusion from the info in the OP, but I don’t really have a dog in this fight.

Someone should show him pictures of puppies with Parvo.

I dunno. All the serious anti-vaxxers I know really are that stupid. Not trying to defend them or anything, but they believe, in their hearts, that vaccines are poison, so the obvious way for a puppy or person to be most healthy is to avoid them. (They really are that stupid, but sadly quite sincere in this belief. A cynic, who actually knew vaccinated pets were healthier, might one day repent. But you can’t cure stupid.)

This jerk doesn’t believe in vaccinating his pets, either.

“I’m not vaccinated, I will not get vaccinated,” Smith said at the time, according to Variety . “I haven’t been vaccinated since I was a little kid. I don’t vaccinate my dogs, I don’t vaccinate my horses. I’ve never had a flu shot. I never will. I believe they compromise your immunities… It’s just my beliefs. I just don’t believe in that stuff. Whatever.”

I hope the maga nutcase gets fleas.

There’s quite a bit of this stuff on social media.

“Feminist”* author Naomi Wolf is on record opposing pet vaccination. From a Twitter post:

“They’re after your pets! Now I’ve read holistic vet news sites warning about how dangerous annual vaccines are for dogs. Also, why annual if vaccines ‘work’? But I can’t get Loki groomed without renewing. Any holistic groomers out there in NY/Bklyn?”

*“Feminist” deserves to be in scare quotes due to Naomi repeatedly maligning women whose views she disdains, on the basis of their looks and how they dress.

A show about assholes hires an asshole? Surprise surprise surprise.