Ask the guy in the 99.9th %ile for height

What kind of car do you drive?

Any issues with extra splashing when peeing? I’ve had very tall friends bitch about that – since the stream has to go further, there’s going to be more “impact spashing”.

Note: “No, the stream only has to travel a couple of inches” will be an acceptable amount of smartassness, but not taken very seriously.

In statistics, a percentile (or centile) is the value of a variable below which a certain percent of observations fall.

A Chevrolet Impala. Before that, Chrysler 300.

They wear kilts! Actually, the internet has helped, but it’s still slim pickins. I’m sure you’ve done the same-- find something that fits and buy as many as you can afford. Then you wear them till they’re thoroughly disreputable, meanwhile searching for a new pair. I swear, they are better than a stereotypical woman shopper when it comes to clothes.

Yes. It seems that urine stops being a coherent stream approximately 2.5" above the level of my knees, which leads to more and messier splashing.

Wearing disreputable pants right now. The binge shopping/stocking up is a fact; I have 4 pair of pants of the same cut in different colors, 2 of another cut, and 2 of yet another.

Problem with buying clothes is bulk is that purchasing anything in a ‘Tall’ size easily adds at least another 50% to the price.

Perhaps it’s time to bring the kilt to Missouri. No, maybe after winter.

I seem to remember you mentioning that you were in the Marine Corps. What did you do? What specialty, if any, is someone as tall as you likely to be assigned to or steered towards? Were you singled out during boot camp for your height, as a source of torment from the drill instructors?

I was in the infantry. Big target! Especially with a radio antenna…good thing I never came close to getting shot at.

The only time I was steered towards something was when a Navy Petty Officer at the MEPS tried to steer me towards the nuke program, and when a Marine Master Sergeant tried to steer me away from infantry. Neither had to do with my height.

I wasn’t singled out for torment, but I was noticed. I did seem to get chosen for inspections, questions, etc. more often.

Had a drill instructor, Sgt. Beals, who was probably about 5’4". He would stand on a foot locker to yell at me properly. Good times.

Not a bit afraid. I saw a guy on the bus the other day same height as you, which happens to be exactly one foot taller than me, and somehow I knew it, I just knew, so I asked: “6’8”?" and he smiled and nodded yes.

Same thing with fat clothes. To be fair, it does require more material; considerably more depending on the garment and the size.

It also takes up a lot more room in drawers, closets and suitcases.

Now here’s my questions:

1. Do you have a preference for very small women? Throughout my life I’ve been amazed by the number of couples where the man was unusually tall and his girlfriend/wife was unusually small. Like…really? WTF?? I probably noticed because I’m a tall woman who very much prefers being with a tall man who makes me feel smaller and more feminine and it annoyed to have these teensy tiny women gobbling up the big guys.

2. Obviously just about any woman is going to be significant’y smaller than you. While you have nothing to compare it to, do you still find yourself aware of the difficulties inherent in sex between two people who are dramatically different sizes?

I believe Giraffe is around the OP’s height.

He’s all neck though.

He is not comparing himself to the Occupy movement in any way, unless the Occupiers have seized ownership of percentages in general. If that’s the case, they’ve gone too far and must be stopped.

At what age did it become obvious you were going to be really tall? My son is 6’2" at age 13, and it’s hard to tell if he’s going to be ridiculously tall, or if he’s just an early bloomer and will stop growing at a fairly young age.

Can you shed an light on this?

What’s the shortest woman you’ve dated? I’m 5’2" or 5’3" (depending who you ask–I’ve been measured as both) and I once dated a man who was 6’7". I guess objectively we probably looked pretty strange together. Do you tend to date tall women or short women or is there no trend?

Do you notice that tall men more noticeably react to you? I’m 6’3", and It’s somewhat uncommon for me to encounter someone taller than I; when I do, I almost always do a double take. I imagine this would be a less common reaction, even when seeing extremely tall people, if most of the people I ran into were taller than I am.

That’s pretty tall, I guess.

(I’m also 6’8".)

I once briefly worked at a Beer & Wine Deli occasionally visited by former NBA center Gheorghe Muresan (7’7"). He would actually call ahead so we could turn off the ceiling fans for him.

OK, you answered for shirts and pants, but where do you buy your shoes, belts, and so forth? Do normal ties work for you, or do you need extra long ones, or maybe you just don’t wear ties? What about socks and gloves? Winter coats?

My best friend is 6’8" as is a guy I used to work with in a very small electronics repair shop. I’m 6’4" myself and most of the time I’m the tallest one around, it really took a while to get used to having to look that far up.

This is also my observation, and my question too. Is your lady partner smaller than average?

Do you have back problems? It seems like everyone tall that I know has major back pain/back problems.

Have you ever seriously hurt yourself bumping into something?