bad breath question

Brush twice a day, and gargle (granted the cheap store brand). My mouth is Clean, but I drink a lot of coffee. (Hey, a LOT or people do.)
Some people see the coffee cup & they see it as a cheap-in to b-tch or try to point a finger and become power-superior with zero justification.

Its Those people who need the field-goal kicks to the balls until they can’t reproduce.

I brush (at a minimum), three times a day, floss twice a day and scrape my tongue. When I brush, I use Lush Toothy Tabs for the first pass, then floss, then gargle (with Listerine), scrape my tongue, then brush with Sensodyne whitening (teeth, gently gums and palate, then tongue) then a last gargle.

I am absolutely paranoid about bad breath because I hate it when people breathe all over me and reek.

On the bright side, my teeth were stain-free at my last dental, and didn’t even get the sandy toothpaste or any tartar removal. People often ask if I bleach my teeth, and comment that I have a very white smile and healthy, strong teeth.

I just want to see this thread title next to the “Mongolian BBQ and Semen” thread.

:smiley:

This is my favorite advice offered in the Thread.

Awkward or not, adults should act like adults and treat coworkers with dignity.
Anonymously leaving breath spray on the OP’s desk comes off as middle school taunting regardless of how it was intended. It’s embarrassing and leaves the OP imagining that the entire office has been snickering in secret. Sometimes awkward conversations have to happen. Be respectful, tactful, and empathetic. The very fact that a person with bad breath usually doesn’t notice themselves should even make it an easier conversation- it’s not like you’re accusing the person of being willfully unhygienic.

I get bad breath, especially after meals. I don’t eat onions or spicy foods, just seems to be my mouth chemistry. Minty gum like Extra Winterfresh helps a lot. Only downside is it makes me hungry!

I second the tonsil stones suggestion. My 9 year old would get them constantly. We had a weekly ritual where she’d lay on my lap and i’d push on her tonsils and pop them out for her. The smell was horrible and really affected her breath. She had her tonsils removed soon after and we haven’t had problems since.

Using sugarless gum though is good for one’s teeth – my dentist reccomended it. I would chew that along with the other stuff.

That’s just horrible for both of you. Thank goodness her doctor saw fit to remove them; they were probably chronically inflamed, like mine. When you are 90, and she has to change your diapers, it’s payback.