Best Western (not the motel chain)

Destry Rides Again.

Second place, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

Here’s how the Top Ten are stacking up:

View Poll Results: What is the Best Western Ever?  

"The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"                                        21 17.80% 
"The Outlaw Josey Wales"                                                 17 14.41% 
"Unforgiven"                                                             11 9.32% 
"The Searchers"                                                           7 5.93% 
"The Magnificent Seven"                                                   7 5.93% 
"Once Upon a Time in the West"                                            6 5.08% 
"The Wild Bunch"                                                          5 4.24% 
"Tombstone"                                                               5 4.24% 
The best western was made for TV ("Lonesome Dove", "Deadwood")            5 4.24% 
"Silverado"                                                               4 3.39%

Voters: 118 

Stagecoach. (Not the remake.)

Although I like some of the others quite a bit…

Torn between The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West. Went with the epic just due to its epicness.

Unforgiven is the greatest Western, so I voted for that.

My favourite western though, thats High Plains Drifter.

I also have a soft spot for The Quick and the Dead!

This, word for word.

I have a theory that movie genres are like a sign wave… at least I hope so; because I feel like it’s about time for westerns to come back in vogue.

Before I realized this was a zombie thread; I read the thread title, and immediately thought “Unforgiven.” I’m glad to see I have changed my opinion much.

Having appeared in three mentioned or on the list…I feel good. Granted I was just an extra who could ride a horse or handle a wagon, still, it’s a nice association. I might mention one other (my arm is visible in this one).

“How the West Was Won”

One more - not great, but fun (my mother was in this one )

“McClintock”

I went with Little Big Man, but there were so many great movies on that list. My favorite, Big Jake, was not there. Not a great film, miserable performances from Patrick Wayne and Chris Mitchum, but Richard Boone was GREAT.

The Man from Snowy River had some truly great riding.

I went with Josey Wales because it has the best line ever uttered in a western.

“Dying ain’t much of living boy.”