Blonde hair, red beard

Paternal ancestors: Prussian/Prussian/Prussian/Prussian

Maternal ancestors: Irish/Native American/Native American (diff tribe)/Native American (yet a diff tribe)

Hair: Blondish, much lighter in youth, Bleaches out big time in summer.

Mustache: Amost invisible blonde

Beard: Red to reddish brown, very sparse.

Complexion: no tan, ruddy; with tan, very reddish copper.

Eyes: Blue

I’ll bet some anthropologists or geneticists would like to study my family tree.

Icelandic/Irish. Red on my head, blonde on my arms and legs. I don’t have a beard, but my other hair is red.

German/English here… blonde w/redish beard

My dad is Sicilian, and he had a black beard mixed with red. So do I. My head hair is a very dark brown, nearly black, and that came from the Irish side of my family. Red-headed Sicilians are due to the Normans having ruled the island in the 11th-12 centuries. Scandinavians again.

I am strawberry blonde and have a red beard - cept the middle of it goes white as snow…

The hair on the top of my head was red, but has faded to blond.

My beard and sideburns are bright red, except for the bit directly under my bottom lip, which is white.

I’m about 5/8ths Anglo-Saxon, and the rest is Danish.

IMO, its a mix of Norse and Irish that give the Red beard.

I am Mexican, most likely mestizo and have black hair with reddish/blondish and black beard, I feel strange at times.

My uncles have reddish-brown hair (kind of a brassy brown tone - not attractive imho, which is why I dye mine :D) and flaming red beards. They are of the Eye-rish variety.

Appropriately, The Walking Dead starts its 2nd season tonight.

I have blond hair and a red beard, and am approximately 25% each Italian, German, Irish, and English. So there you go.

Joe

I’m just over half German, and the rest is a mix of French, Irish, English and Scots. With a smidge of Native American.

I have brown hair. When my beard first came in, it was blonde, then turned bright orange. In my 30’s it turned brown, blond and red mixed. In my mid 40’s, it turned white.

When I said “pick a color, any color”, I should have set some limits.

Zombie beard thread

Do you nails and beard grow when you have died?

Let’s see. I am pure Ashkenazy from Russia and Lithuania. My maternal grandfather had platinum blond hair and blue eyes. My paternal grandmother had red hair. My mother had dark brown hair and brown eyes, my father dark brown hair and blue eyes. My brother and sister had dark brown hair and brown eyes. I had dark brown, nearly black hair, but my beard, mostly black, had a fair amount of red and underarms even more. My eyes are blue (with a few flecks of green). My wife had light brown (or dark blond) hair and green eyes. Of my children, two have brown hair (one very dark) and one is blond. Two have blue eyes and one is brown (although there is green underlying with so many brown flecks that the overall impression is brown. An evolutionist’s nightmare, it seems to me.

There’s guy I work with who has brown hair, a red beard, and blond (or at least very light) eyebrows.

My take is that he looks like Neopolitan ice cream.

Happens. I like to blame all red hair on Neaderthal genes.

My SO is Italian and he has dark brown hair, black eyebrows and lashes, and an auburn beard. Apparently red hair is quite common in some areas of Italy (Northern, especially) though he is the only one in the family with this coloring.

My mom is pure Dutch and my dad is pure Lithuanian, I know that my maternal grandfather never got this red beard thing, but both my father and I get the rusty beard hair + blond hair thing.