Boxing with Crayons: NYC Dopedinner 12/26

I have long, black curly hair, which is almost guaranteed to be wild-looking by the time I walk a couple of blocks. But I have seen a pic of you, so I will have an idea of who to look out for in that regard.

In any event, I fully expect the city to be pretty quiet, so I don’t think there’s too much danger of some other group of random strangers collecting by the clock. :wink:

Don’t know if anybody reading this but me and my brood are not making it. I’m not feeling very well and I can’t convince them to go without me. Sorry.

What a blast. The Momaaing was wonderful. Zebra, TellMeI’mNotCrazy, EatsCrayons and I walked around for a few hours. Ahhh, ahhht. Beautiful stuff. The museum has a completely different feel to it now that it’s been re-built inside. One gets to see things many stories tall, little glimpses of areas, walkways, windows. Remarkable feel.

Somehow, and this is a personal record, I wound up finding street parking in Mid-town Manhattan, Chelsea, and two different spots in The Village in an 18 hour period of time. Good karma indeed. From the MOMA we ran Eats down to her hotel, dealt with her room, then we all headed back up to The Chelsea Grill where we met up with Billdo and his S.O. JohnBckWld and his S.O. also arrived and a fun dinner ensued. I now know a lot more than I never thought I’d know about failed 1970’s and 1980’s t.v. series. :smiley:

Lunch the next day at The Algonquin was lovely. The incomparable Eve graced us with her wit and charm. ( note to self: next time, make sure you get a photo of self next to her to complete shrine. ) Collibri was also there for lunch, completing a most enjoyable crowd. (( He has this Cheshire Cat grin… ) Again, as one would expect from any Doper event, the conversation was sparkling.

Can’t wait to do something like this again !!

Cartooniverse

Any pics?

No pics, because I’m a dingbat and forgot my camera.

I also had a great time. MoMA was wonderful, although I must say I could easily spend a full day there, if it were far less crowded (and if I haven’t skipped breakfast and lunch and gotten the low-blood-sugar blues). I really enjoyed dinner at the Chelsea Grill, as well. The calamari was superb, conversation was, as always, wonderful, and the company of the Dopers as mentioned by Cartooniverse was a pleasure.

And I’ve already made my Algonquin comments in **Eve’s ** thread :slight_smile: (Although “Cheshire Cat Grin” is a perfect description of Colibri!)