Come join the poker club for SDMB on PokerStars

I had to use a password when I signed up for the Club. Was this not in force last night?

Are there passwords per game?

Perhaps we should :

1. Start a new “” Home “” for our Home Games.
    a. This would allow for better customization, Straight Dope room, instead of Mental Guy.

2.Grandfather everyone already in, in. Locking the door behind them.

Regular - what we normally play.

Rebuy - For a certain amount of time, if you bust out, you can purchase another set of chips (or you may be able to rebuy when you have below a certain amount).

Shootout - Each table plays down to a winner, then the winners play each other (or they may just play down to the top so many at a table).

Knockout - Each player pays an extra fee when entering. For example instead of $1.00 + .10 it might be $1.00 + .25 + .10. When you knock a player out of the tournament, you win that extra .25. The $1.00 goes to the normal prize pool.

There are no passwords for individual games.

Everyone needed to the password to sign up for the club. If he did actually find it through google, it would have had to send him to this thread since that is the only place to find the password.

I suspect he may have just not wanted to possibly get a friend in trouble who gave him the password. I don’t really have a problem with dopers inviting friends, but we do have a limit of 50 members.

I think we should just go ahead and approve everyone that wants to join for now. If we run up against the numbers limit and we still have people that want to join, we may have to remove some of the members that have not participated any.

One other thing. If you do not want the emails that announce new tournaments and tables and such, there is an option to turn that off.

well i posted in the other thread as well.

i’d like to play a razz tourney or a 2-7 single or triple draw.

i like those two the best since i have this knack for getting shitty cards for long stretches. or horse can be fun although someone still needs to explain the strategy on omaha to me. seems like that is like betting on farcking coin flips.

Just tell me when you want to have it and whether you want it to be play money or real money. Also which game you prefer. If you have any other preferences, let me know that.

In the mean time, you may want to check out the Badugi tourney tonight, since that is a lowball type game.

Hey, that’s nice, but what about breaks?

BA-DU-GI game tonight! 9 pm Central. Come and play this insidious game.

My strategy for Omaha: Fold early and fold often. What might be a pretty good flush or straight in Hold’Em is likely to be split or busted by someone else with the same draw or better. If there’s a pair on the board, better get out, as there tends to be a boat. Trips are dead, a set is in major trouble. Overly-coordinated hole cards are a bad sign for you; better to fold. Good hands tend to be coordinated pairs. And in HORSE the game is Hi/Lo, but never chase only the low; that tends to get split and you can lose money that way.

Depends on what you mean by “chase”. To me, in limit games, it is worthwhile calling the BB if you have A2, A3, or even sometimes 23 to see what the flop brings, unless you know you’re playing with multiple psychoes who will raise everything and get into a bidding war with each other.

Is it noob friendly ?

The description read as for [[serious]] BadLuigi players.

I’m gonna pop my badugi cherry tonight, if that’s alright with you guys?

I was joking about calling it Badluigi. A cursory glance at the game, and I want to call it Bad and Ugli, or BadUgli.

Badugi champion, right here y’all.
Followed by Lud, Ast, Skeez, Meeko, MpKid(bot), Greenday (unknown bot), Mensa, Dag, and lastly Mental Guy

Added to the spreadsheet. GrayGhost149 is my pokerstars handle. Doubt I’ll be able to play much, but HORSE sounds like a lot of fun.

Now to try and get $$ in the account some how…

Since there have been more people joining than I anticipated, I am going to put some minor restrictions on joining so that we can try to keep this for players that have some relationship to the SDMB.

So, if you or someone you know wishes to join the poker club, you either need to post in this thread (or subsequent club threads) or send me a SDMB PM. If you have a relative or friend that wants to play with us, I don’t mind you requesting for them.

For now, I am not going to remove anyone that was already approved, but if players I am unfamiliar with sign up for tourneys and then don’t show up more than once they will likely be removed.

If we get up to the limit on the number of players(50) and still have more people wanting to join, I will be removing players that have not participated, that I don’t recognize from the SDMB, and have not filled out there entries in this spreadsheet.

Right now, there are two people waiting approval, but I have no idea who they are. If they wished to be approved, I need to hear from them.

I have set up a $1.00 + .25 + .10 Knockout No Limit Hold’em Tourney for Sunday Night for anyone interested.

I’ll join eventually, I’ve just got some stuff that’s keeping me too busy these days.

For some odd reason, I like to shout out ‘Badugi!’ in a loud booming voice. It just sort of feels good.

How can we tell if we have the .net version or the .com version? I forgot which I downloaded several months back.

On my main page, under Help => About PokerStars… it says Copyright 2001-2011 Pokerstars.com.

MentalGuy, did you get my Private Message?