Come join the poker club for SDMB on PokerStars

BOBAARG
They have some kind of cockeyed system with my ISP. It is what they call a 30 day rolling system. I don’t understand it and I figure that is how they want it. Seems something I may have downloaded 30 days ago still affects my usage now. If I use more than my allotment I get billed extra.

We use wild blue sattelite system. Too far from town to get regular service.

I would love to join but it may be a week or so.

I have approved everyone. We now have 15 members.

I want to apologize to Red Skeezix for leaving the game we were having so abruptly. My son was supposed to give me a little advance notice when he needed to be picked up, but failed to do so.

If you guys want, feel free to put this in the Doper gaming Guilds sticky on the top of the board. :slight_smile:

• Gukumatz,
    Game Room Moderator

This is just a reminder to anyone interested that there is a $1.10 real money HORSE tourney tonight at 9:00 central.

We have 17 members now. I have found that I can make other members administrators, meaning that they would then be able to create tourneys and ring games. I would still need to approve new members. If you would like to be an administrator, just let me know.

I asked to join and will play tonight.

Well, I was going to say that one of the reasons we had gone to our HTML client was because of a lack of Mac clients, but it looks like PokerStars does have one. So if anyone wants in but only has a Mac, I think you’re good.

Well, I’ve applied as well. Name given is my handle here, but on PokerStars I’m adamanthaea (long story.)

Well, I just found out that I may be a bit late to the tourney tonight thanks to my teenage son. It should start automatically I believe, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

With 12 minutes to go, only Ast, Mental and I are registered.

Everything seems to be working fine. Five of us competed in the HORSE tourney last night with Dag Otto winning. Remember there is a play money Hold’em tourney tonight at 9:00 Central Time.

Since the only way you would know about this club is from the Dope, I have been approving everyone who requests, but some of you need to post here to let us know who you are. In regard to that, I have also created this spreadsheet to help us keep track of who everyone is. As you can see, I have entered your PokerStars ID. I would like for everyone to at least fill in there corresponding SDMB usernames. The other info is up to you.

Please let me know of any events you would like to have.

spreadsheet updated with my info.

I have signed up and am awaiting confirmation. My name on pokerstars will be bdomino55.

I still have no idea what I am doing or how I could play cash games since I am in the US.

Posting mostly to bump this up and remind members about the play money Hold’em tourney tonight at 9:00 central time.

Thanks to those that have filled out the spreadsheet. If you have not done so, please do.

We have 25 members now. We would especially like to see some of the players that are not regulars at the Thursday night game tonight.

I was able to do a check purchase online.

I’m not sure if we are going to start doing this over here, but for posterity, I say why not ?

Note : It would seem more than a few of us are Skitzo* when it comes to Poker. Some of us have different names over on Poker Stars. I am one, and so am I.

1. Tommy2269
  2. BobArrgh
  3. Mathinator [MentalGuy]
  4. Spectralist
  5. MadMan5113
  6. BBCitrus
  7. DagOtto
  8. Browser61
  9. OtbertVII [Oslo]
  10. Bdomino55 [Craneop]
  11. Ms_Anthrope [MissTake]
  12. MpKiD86

RACCOON MUST FEED!!!

1. Ewaffle [A still somewhat shocked Meeko]

There was a point in time in this game, ok, multiple points of time in this game, where I thought I would go before BobArrgh. I had nearly a full assortment of hands, and even styles of play tonight. Had a stretch of 4-5 hands back to back where I doubled up. I went from 1,5 - 3,000 in chips to 12,000 or so winning the thing in about 10 hands. I sooooo thought I didn’t have a chance tonight. Completely negates my bad week of poker play.
*** Yes, I know that Schizophrenics aren’t the ones that have Multiple Personalities. Yes, I know that MPD is now called DID. **

I believe that Browser61 is Mensa.

My Bad.

Didn’t mean it.

I believe a good time was had by all (unless they got pocket kings) tonight.

By request we will have a Badugi tourney tomorrow (Monday) night at 9:00 Central time. It is a play money tourney.

I resemble that remark MG. Lost TWICE with three kings. Both times pocket kings.

I.m gonna start throwing the damn things away.

The ring games/tournaments that we can create:

Games: Hold’em, Omaha, Omaha HL, Stud, Stud HL, Razz, 5 card draw, Single draw 2-7, Triple draw 2-7, HOSE, HORSE, Mixed hold’em, Mixed Omaha HL, PLH/PLO, 8-game, Triple stud, Badugi

Real money games have a minimum of $1 + .10

Play money games are available in a wide range of buyins. I believe that reloading is fairly easy if you bust out.

Format: regular, rebuy, shootout, knockout (if anyone knows the difference, please advise)

Speed: normal or fast

Payout: winner-take-all, 10%, 15%, 20%

Starting chips: 1000 to 5000

Blinds: 3 minute, 5, 10, 15, 20
So we should be able to create just about any game that you may want (although we are limited in the number of play-money games we can create). Just tell us what you want, and when you want it, and we’ll try to oblige.

People looking to get real money at PStars could play the facebook freerolls and try to fund that way. It will NOT be easy, but it’s doable - I scored a couple of bucks.

Interesting that the second place finisher is not a Doper - he somehow found the game through Google! I don’t have a problem with that, although we may want to have a discussion on it.