Cremation , Embalming, and even simple Burial are Unethical

Couldn’t we just take the bodies to the quarry and throw them in?

d&r

your use of the word “right” makes no sense in the context of an argument. The only way we can survive is to eat other living things. You might as well argue over the right to breath.

Given the context, it appears the OP was making a naturalistic argument for eating animals - which we explicitly don’t need to eat in order to survive.

The small town cemetery my grandparents are buried in required a vault, in addition to the casket. It is to prevent the graved caving in as the casket rots away. Personally, I’d rather skip the vault and put that money into a fund that will pay some guy with a shovel to come toss more dirt on top of my grave. Grave diggers have to eat too.

I’m not sure if that’s technically true. It might, however, take a significant amount of effort to replicate all of the molecules that we require as nourishment, artificially, from inorganic compounds.

Ahem. Your version lacks the poetry of the original.

“Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.”

Cite - The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976) - Quotes - IMDb

Combine some of the most promisng suggestons: Viking burial. Sailboat with corpse, set afloat, start on fire. Ok, it’s not carbon-neutral, but it’s got style.

With today’s mandatory burial vaults and the popularization of sealed metal coffins, it’s going to be a VERY long time before any worms get to nosh on your remains.

I figure cremation at least would make me take up less real estate, leaving more land to be left for the antelope (etc.) to roam.

I think the better question is whether or not a human has the right to tie up a 6’ x 4’ plot of ground for eternity?

I thought I read somewhere (here?) that in some countries, you DON’T get it for eternity - but for 40 years or so, then your heirs have to move you, or pay more money, or something.

Eternity? How many ancient Egyptian cemeteries still exist?

OK fine, bad example.

In Danish graveyards, you only have your grave for a limited number of years.

Obviously, the only solution is sandwiches.