Customers called "Fat Girls" on receipt at restaurant

That was my thought. The proper response is to be offended I suppose and not go back. Why in God’s name I’d need to hear about some women being offended over being called “fat” in Stockton, CA over here in Illinois is beyond me.

What if it was “mulleted yokels” or “big-tit babes” or “fine-ass chicks”? It’s rude to draw attention to the physical characteristics of people, period, especially in a workplace or business situation.

Well based upon the video in the link, Jeff the waiter clearly cannot be sued for libel.

Bullshit. ‘Yokel’ is slight. ‘Big-tit babes’ is degrading. ‘Fine-ass chiks’ is also, though a tad less so.

These girls were fat; it’s a very plain descriptor.

Would you be offended if all three were blonde and the ticket said ‘Blonde girls’?

What if they were of less-than-average stature? ‘Short girls’ wouldn’t ping anyone’s radar.

I’m just glad the customers didn’t hear the nicknames we assigned to them when I waited tables. Granted, we weren’t stupid enough to write them on their receipts…

Marginally.

Classic Jeff.

Yeah, this stuff goes on all the time. However allowing the customers to find would definitely have caused a problem. Better to make up cute nicknames. It’s a really dumb idea for a restaurant to insult fat customers, they’re the best kind*.
*it’s a joke, ok? just relax.

It would really hurt my feelings to see something like that on my bill, but there was a time in my life that it would have been an apt descriptor that I couldn’t deny. The last thing I would have wanted was more attention and to have to whole country discussing how, indeed, I was very fat.

That restaurant needs a modern POS system with table numbers.

That was my thought too— but since they apparently did eat there, a bartender was involved, and no table number was assigned, I surmise that they may have eaten at the bar.

Whether they did so because they couldn’t fit into a booth is not my place to say.

This.

A restaurant can have a POS system, but if you’re a wait person trying to keep the tables in your station straight, writing yourself a descriptive note of who is at which table is a no-brainer. You just have to REMEMBER to take it off the tab BEFORE you present it to the customer! If this had been done, the customers would have never known.

He should have put ‘hot chicks’ woulda got a big tip I bet!

At the grocery store recently, I was pushing my cart to the cart corral across the aisle.
Apparently too slowly for Super Cool Guy in a Porsche. He honked at me and told me to get my fat ass out of the way.

Now in his defense, virtually anyone would say I’m fat. My wife for example. At 300 lbs, I clearly weigh more than I should, but it’s no one’s fault but mine. I am solely responsible.

My reply was “Really? That’s all you’ve got? Fat? A five year old can see I’m fat. Why don’t you see if you can come up with something more original, something with some thought behind it?”

He simply replied “Fuck you fatty” and drove away. Predictable as sunrise.

Notice that I did not contact CNN and have a camera crew come confirm for the world to see just what a lardass I am.

While I accept responsibility for my weight, but I ain’t braggin about it.

The solution?
Don’t tip the guy, tell the manager, and don’t come back. Tell your friends.

Why didn’t you accidently ram your shopping cart into his little car?

In Stockton? You have got to be kidding.

You may be a fatty, but you’re a fatty with machine guns. I, for one, think that you are entitled to be considered 10lbs. lighter for each machine gun and 5 lbs. lighter for each suppressor that you own. Just one man’s opinion.

Another man’s opinion is that I’d like to see him on a Ducati.

The guy was an idiot. He shouldn’t have put something like that anywhere, even if they hadn’t seen it, who knows who is going to see it. They should have had their meal comped and that should have been the end of it.

Or sit on it? :wink:

He should have put “Hot chick and her two fat friends” and let them try and figure it out.