DC is retconning Wonder Woman & redesigning her costume

“meh”

Wait, didn’t Mephisto change the world so that Peter Parker wasn’t married to Mary Jane? Isn’t that an awful lot like the gods changing reality? But that isn’t possible. DC would never imitate any plot device that Marvel used. So none of this is really happening. It’s all a dream. When Czarcasm wakes up, he’ll find that it isn’t truly permanent.

Gee, I wonder which way she’ll choose. And if it will be temporary.
P.S. It’s a makeover. And a retcom. And a way to make a Wonder Woman movie. And a dessert topping and a floorwax.

Is it just me, or does this look a lot like mid-90s Firestar?

http://jilenterprises.com/catalog/images/Dave%20Lynch%20Firestar.jpg

In her original form Diana was sent out to help the United States because it was the best hope for women’s rights in a word of rising fascism. She has a built in affinity for the old red, white, & blue.

I want Reverse Wonder Woman.

But to me there’s only one Wonder Woman: Lynda Carter fighting Nazi’s in WW2 with help from Roy Rogers.

In some versions, Steve Trevor crash landed on her island and in his sleep told the story of the Nazi’s. That’s when they decided to send someone back with him to fight evil. Her costume is based on the US flag patch that they found on Steve’s uniform, which explains how it looks.

Retcom? It damn near killed 'em!

Wasn’t she in California fighting nogoodniks there by the time she met Roy Rogers?

I do like how occasionally she would put on the Wonder Swimsuit, Wonder skateboard suit, or the cape every once in a while in that show.

Is it wrong to find have found Carter more attractive in her bespectacled Diana Prince outfits?

As a side note, I remember seeing Carter in Super Troopers in theatre (me and my buddies were the only ones there) and thinking that she looked pretty damn good. I think I actually gasped a little and said “Is that Linda Carter?”

Crap sandwich between two slices of crap.

She used to look like something. Now she just looks like a horny cougar a bad sense of style.

She looks like a mid-90s everybody. At one point almost the entire casts of The Xmen and The Avengers were wearing short jackets with the sleeves pushed up. At least Lee resisted the temptation to go the whole hog and give her a HUGE gun and an improbable number of pouches (pouches pouches pouches pouches).

On the whole, though, I don’t mind the new look (permanent or not). Wonder Woman’s usual outfit is, let’s face it, one of the more ludicrous costumes – and that’s saying something, given the competition.

B5 was a long time ago (and his attempts to revisit it have not been good). His recent comic work has been very hit-or-miss.

what’s next?? The Batman in Bermuda shorts, tank top and flip flops? Or maybe Superman trades in the tights and cape for a red thong? He could be the first barefoot superhero.

I rather see wonder woman retired then ruined with an unrecognizable look.

First barefoot superhero? Even ignoring all the wild men of the jungle, Namor’s been fighting barefoot since 1939.

As to the change, I like it for what it is. The original is iconic, but *is *a little silly.

Well, feathered-foot.

LOL I’d forgotten about Namor. :slight_smile:

This is why we can’t have good comic books :mad:

Or mid-90’s Longshot. Or mid-90’s Rogue. Possibly mid-90’s Shadowcat too, but she was still a ghost in a tube when I gave up.

I kinda like it. She looks badass.

I think I like it. It just looks too modern and dated, sort of like when they started dressing Mickey Mouse in 80s Miami Vice clothes.

Ignoring this apparently temporary adjustment, I’d really prefer her actual costume to reflect her “Amazon” history, instead of being so American and spangly.