DC is retconning Wonder Woman & redesigning her costume

I like the new look. I tdoes make her look a bit more like a scrappy brawler (and while she is a tough, skilled amazon warrior with expert training heightened by years of expereince, she’s also enjoys tossing fists wildly. :smiley: ) The new costume emphasizes her toughness, but it’s also a good look overall. Good colors, reasonable style, but heroic.

I’m outraged at your analysis of how these outrage reactions progress!

Can’t say that I much like the new costume there. The gloves look kind of goofy and the short jacket is sooo out. The bustier is fine, I suppose, and the leggings would look OK if she had boots over them that are along the lines of her old boots. The boots turning into pants doesn’t really do it for me and I think there needs to be a little more color down there to bring it all together.

Wonder Woman’s costume is so iconic. I have the feeling that this won’t go over so well and at some point in the future, we’ll get back to the status quo juat like when they had Electric Super Man, the Spidey Clone, or that other Bat Man.

sigh
Did you happen to catch post #9?

Yes I did, but I totally missed the part in the link that she’ll have pockets now.

Thank God, now she’ll have a place to keep her lipstick, Icebreakers, and subway pass.

I’m outraged that they would permanently change her in this manner. What are they thinking?

If she’s going to have sleeves and leggings, the bustier ends up being rather gratuitous, does it not?

And what about the part where her change is temporary?

What? Where?

According to the article

Where does it say that the change is temporary? JMS says that WW will try to correct the timeline.

I’m sure Wonder Woman’s storyline will return to something similar to what it was before, but they’re not explicitly saying that it is though.

I just find it sad that there’s no way she’ll ever go back to her old look. No chance at all. Sad.

So the is the fix happening or is it the ‘maybe’ that Straczyski uses in his quote?

Wooshy wooshy.

Will she still get tied up a lot?

This change is permanent, with no hope of ever going back, ever-ever?

Darn.

It is, I swear on Superman’s grave.

I like it. MUCH more practical.

And I trust JMS to write it well. In the hands of a lesser writer, I’d be concerned - but this is the fellow who created Susan Ivonova. Diana will be just fine.

Great Bucky’s Ghost!

It sounds to me like they’re leaving their options open, though, presumably to make a decision once they see whether the new look is popular or not.

So, was “meg” supposed to be “meh” or is meg a new way of saying ugly, as in Meg from Family Guy?