Different songs, same melody

You do understand what musical parody is, right? I hope that would be a different thread.

I’m pretty sure you were whooshed. I’m sure kaylasdad is aware those are parodies and just was yanking our chains.

Little Richard sued CCR for Travelin’ Band claiming it was a rip of Good Golly, Miss Molly.
It was settled out of court, but the melodies are certainly very similar.

The Star Spangled Banner uses the same tune as To Anacreon in Heaven.

We must have been watching the same late-night LP commercials back in the '70s.
“And did you know that the melody from “Strangers In Paradise” comes from the Polovtsian Daawnce #2 by Borodin?”

And it was originally composed as a hymn to the emperor of Austria.

You can also sing the lyrics of Route 66 to it.

Andrew Lloyd Webber so is notorious for recycling his medleys that there was once a website devoted to it. Ths Literal Man became When You Want To Fall in Love became Unexpected song.

Music of the Night from Phantom was originally written for Sarah Brightman as a song titled Married Man, to be used in Aspects of Love.

“Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh” by Alan Sherman has the same melody as Ponchielli’s “Dance of the Hours”.

Simialrly, both the British and Lichtensteinian national anthems use the same tune.

The person on that clip certainly can’t. :dubious:

three blind mice = hot cross buns

Not remotely the same.

“See how they run” is not the same as “One a penny, two a penny.”

We’re Not Gonna Take It” (Twisted Sister) vs. “*O Come All Ye Faithful *” (the popular Christmas song). Not kidding, look them up and listen!

Dan Fogelberg’s “Same Old Lang Syne” has the melody (downtempo) of Tchaikovsky’s “1812 Overture”.

deleted

Heh heh heh (I’m sure you’ve already seen this.)

If we’re going to get into TV themes, the theme to Animaniacs used the tune of a polka called “There is a Tavern in the Town”.

Your linky no worky. Let’s try this one instead.

The kiddie song “Have You Ever Seen a Lassie” has the same melody as the old German drinking song “Ach, Du Lieber Augustine.”

Don’t insult MA Numminen. He’s a cultural hero in Finland and Sweden. :wink: