Do nurses or doctors ever have to masturbate disabled or paralyzed people?

Absolutely. I hear lots of griping about this in the doctors’ lounge.

It’s why I went into a specialty that doesn’t involve direct patient care.

Can you point to one such state? In Florida, for example, consideration is definitely an element of the crime:

Emphasis added.

Virginia law forbids sex “for money or its equivalent.”

What is “it’s equivalent”? Is “lust” the equivalent of money? :confused: Is “pity”?

A steak dinner with a bottle of wine.

The three dictionaries cited in the following link disagree with you.

Etymologically it’s “hand stimulation” - there’s nothing inherent in the word that the hand must be your own. It’s not like “suicide”, which is an act done to oneself by definition.

I request that you suck my dick, oh spamly one.

It’s possible to lose the use of the upper extremities and retain the use of the lower extremities, you know.

One could have a condition involving loss of voluntary motor control without loss of sensory response. Seems to me masturbation requires a certain amount of fine motor control, too much shaking and/or palsy, release could be just a little too far off.

For men, if the prostate becomes a problem, surgery can take care of it. If we can fix the issue, preventative measures are not acceptable if they might offend someone’s sensibilities.

“…Do nurses or doctors ever have to masturbate disabled or paralyzed people?..”

The co-pay is a bitch. Reasonable and Customary is hard to determine.

If a doctor or nurse were to be required to masturbate a paralyzed/disabled person, how would the issue of sexual orientation be addressed (not only of the “service-ee” but of the medical professional as well)?

Surgery carries risks of infections and complications.

But that’s probably falling on deaf ears.

Heck, I’ve never had one of those.

For what it’s worth, I’m all in favor of legalizing prostitution and allowing prostitutes to be hired by patients or their Power of Attorney so that the sexual health of patients can be attended to. I do agree that we tend to ignore sexual health and that probably has a negative effect on mental/emotional health and directly or indirectly on physical health.

Want to make a prostitute part of your health care team? Sure, why not? Want *me *to provide sexual therapy? No. I don’t do Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech Therapy, either.

And you thought I was talking to you because…

“20 dollars, just like in town.”

Ba doom, ching! Thank you, thank you. Please remember to tip your waitress!

$20? Wow. Inflation is rough, baby!

If we are approaching it from a medical prospective that the male patient just needs a “release” then preferences really don’t matter. I don’t like it when a male doctor sticks his finger in my ass to check my prostate, but again, it’s a medical issue; I can’t request a female so it’s more fun.

But if we are looking at it from a “disabled people need sexual activity as well” perspective then why not bring in twins dressed in dominatrix outfits or whatever other fantasies that would help.

Is it medical or is it getting off?

Well, you can always stick an electrified dildo up a man’s ass. That will definitely clean out the pipes.

However, for people who still have sensation down there, and would not enjoy that, I would imagine that a handjob would probably be a little more compassionate.

They really shouldn’t need much visual stimulation, should they? I mean, if they can’t service themselves, they’re probably pretty damned horny, by the time they can get someone to take care of them.