Do they make Mr. Pibb anymore?

It’s available in Tennessee. My son knows which places have Dr Pepper and which places have Pibb.

They don’t offer it at my local Mexican restaurant hangout anymore.

Used to be, we enjoyed asking about soft drinks just to hear the waitress tell us about “Meester Peeb”. :cool:

If the same local bottler for coke also bottles Dr Pepper you will not see Mr Pibb on the shelf and Dr Pepper will be stocked with the coke products. If, however, Dr Pepper is bottled/distributed by the local Pepsi bottler the you will see Mr Pibb with the Coke Products and Dr Pepper will be shelved next to the Pepsi products. At least that’s how it seems to work in here in Alabama. In the northern part of the state its all Dr Pepper (stocked with Coke), but in Birmingham you see both (Dr P stocked with Pepsi, Mr P stocked with Coke).

I have no idea how it works with 7UP since both Pepsi and Coke seem to have there own lemon/lime sodas.

Of the two workplace cafeterias where I work, the more distant one sells Pibb Xtra, while the one we usually go to does not. One of my coworkers is always enthusiastic about getting her Pibb Xtra on the rare occasions we go to the more distant cafeteria.

Yes. We just bought some Bitter Lemon at Walmart and I’ve seen it in various liquor stores here in MD.

My supermarket has Pibb Xtra.

Isn’t all of Alabama served by the same bottler?

I just did a crossword where the clue was “Former soft drink Mr. ____” and Pibb was the answer.

The constructor needs to walk down the soda aisle of my store.

I just saw Pibb Xtra at a soda fountain in the past couple of days (I’m currently stuck in Minneapolis/St. Paul on business) but damn if I can’t remember where exactly. It might have been a hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese Banh Mi place. My happiness in finding a Coke Freestyle machine at Moe’s Southwestern Grill crowded out my other soda fountain memories, apparently.

I just had it today at the Sam’s Club by me. It’s still there.

I just had some at a restaurant fountain at dinner in St. Louis.

By the way, it was called Pibb Xtra, but it seemed identical to the Mr. Pibb I’m familiar with. Did they change the name? I haven’t noticed if the 12 oz. can version has had the name change.

Pibb is also in Wegmans in MD. I would swear I have seen it as a fountain drink at a few restaurants (Pei Wei maybe?)

I know this is an old-dead thread…

However I wanted to chime in anyways incase any of you were still active on the site.

Mr. Pibb was awsome! I remember the Mr. Pibb game… you went around burping at zombies to turn them back into students and teachers… LOL Anyways…
Pibb Xtra sucks… I hated it when they did away with Mr. Pibb and went to this junk they call pibb…

However a little seceret for those of you that want that old Mr. Pibb flavor back.

If you have an HEB get their store brand of 'Dr. Pepper" its like DR. B… however it’s the formula for Mr. Pibb i kidd you not…

Also their store brand of “Mt. Dew” is formula for Surge.

Both equal to their name brand counter parts I’m referencing. You wont be disappointed.

Warning though; dont get their hEB Cola… it just sux.

IIRC, Pibb Xtra has more caffeine.

Heh, get this.

Pibb was removed when I was at Sam’s Club last week. Yeah, it’s been replaced with Dr. Pepper.

So there goes that one. It’s still in the store, though.

We were leaving a hockey game last season and there was a whole pallet of 12-packs of Dr. Wham being given away to fans after the game. We had seen Dr. Wham at Wal-Mart but never tried it because we figured it was an inferior off-brand. Well, we tried it and loved it. We buy it regularly now because it’s much less expensive than Dr. P and in my opinion tastes better.

What is Dr. Wham? Is it a new Pepsi-brand Dr Pepper?

Apparently it’s popular around here- Wal-Mart, Kroger and Target (multiple locations of each) stock the diet Pibb Xtra around here.

They had Mr. Pibb available at the movie theater when I went last week. I had to explain to my son what it was since he had never heard of it.