Do vampires, fairies and werewolves exist?

Yes, they live in the same neighborhood as Nessie, Zombie Elvis, and Yahweh.

Why leave out gremlins, goblins, mermaids, sirens, cyclops and centaurs? Or anything else at all? If you can imagine it, it therefore exists; it just exists in your head. Or until you write it down, then it exists on paper.

and then, if written well enough and distributed - in other peoples heads.

Yes.*

*No.

No, no, and no.

The vampire mythos is very old and related mostly to the Christian after-world, demons, witches, Satan etc. in general. Also people who were mistaken for dead (unconscious, coma etc.) and then seemingly ‘came back to life’, also the way hair & nails seemed to continue growing in exhumed corpses, and the way internal gases could make them appear to move and/or make sounds would have scared the shit out of superstitious peoples.

Fairies, sprites, angels etc. just more religious silliness. Got a big boost when some English guy made fake but convincing photos of them around the turn of the century.

And werewolves? People who caught rabies after being bitten by infected animals. Crazed, evil, nocturnal animals who could spread their evilness by biting and making seemingly crazed, evil, possessed human beings.

Is the OP coming back?

Or can’t he type once his fingers have fused into paws…?

This isn’t how the real world works.

I have investigated many stories of vampires and werewolves. They always turn out to be the caretaker in a mask. And he would have gotten away with it …

Does the Pope shit in his hat?

What do you mean “related mostly”?

There are no vampires in Christian theology, no vampires in the Bible, no vampires in the Apostles’ Creed, and certainly no vampires in the idea of the “Christian after-world”.

No, not a guy. Two sisters.

It appears that step isn’t strictly essential.

It’ll never sell.

But yes, the vampire like myths appear in many cultures, not just Christian ones. Hence the joke that if you want to kill a vampire it’s first necessary to determine it’s ethnicity.

Wait a minute…
So we’re saying Teenwolf wasn’t a documentary?
What about Teenwolf Too?

This, vampire, and vampire like (strigoli/varcolots - yes, I misspelled both of those, sorry) creatures have existed for centuries prior to Christianity.

Good link!

One of the first books I bought on Kindle is The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan. After reading it, I became convinced that werewolves AND vampires really do exist. Or if they don’t exist, they damn well should.

I am absolutely convinced that vampires exist. But they don’t suck your blood, they suck your emotional energy. And it’s not like they get nourishment from it. They just drag you down with them, like a boat anchor.

I’m sure that we all know a few of these.

They are best avoided at all costs, but I’d love to see someone impale one on a wooden stake.

So no vampires, huh? What about hoop snakes?

They don’t exist. But CROWING SNAKES and 18 foot Philippine King Cobras exist. I can tell you where to get one of those, for a small fee.

Since the OP’s name literally means “Glue Brain” - generally meant as someone who never forgets even the most minute detail (in Danish)- I sure hope he/she will remember all the answers given.

If none of the logic in this thread appeals to you, just think about it this way - if they existed, someone would have caught them on camera by now. Some bones would have been discovered. Someone would have captured one and sold it to a zoo. Think how much money and publicity could come from capturing a fairy or werewolf?

I wish that were true. Unfortunately, there was a rather nasty case in Romania in 2004 and a more serious set of incidents in Malawi the previous year (though, granted, the latter vampire rumors were not fully supernatural in character). Belief in vampires is very nearly eradicated, but it may spontaneously rise unbidden given the proper circumstances. Like many other folkloric motifs, it appears to be an archetype that human cognition is predisposed to conceive.