Dopers posting from comic books

Yanno, I stubbed my toe on The Wall this morning and now I’m a Hispanic woman.
I’m not complaining.

Life’s been really weird ever since I picked up that strange, cosmic-glowing cube the other day…

Just a short note to tell you all that Dr. Morrow throws a heck of a party! Can’t talk long, Sivana is going to demonstrate his new Giant Cricket Robot…

If not for the BPRD, I wouldn’t be posting anymore. I knew that supposed ‘idol’ in the university anthropology museum was really some kind of dormant extra terrestrial. The epsilion waves were a dead giveaway.

Nobody believed me until I called the BPRD. They sent out an investigator, and then a combat team. What could have become a tentacled worm large enough to eat the state was caught before it could do more than damage some masonry.

One of the agents also told me that the Mummers parade is actually based on an ancient ritual that binds a demon summoned during the Revolutionary War. We also discussed Franklin’s research into the paranormal.

I love this town.

Baron Bug’s going to be pissed Dr S stole his design. But I guess you can’t expect much on an island of supervillains. I do hope Magnus can inject a touch of civility into the place before they blow up half of the Eastern hemisphere.

I’ll tell you – Duckburg really lives up to its name. The place is filled with giant talking ducks! Wearing shirts with no pants. What’s up with that?

But beware of your money. I dropped a penny and this duck with glasses and a top hat scooped it up almost before it hit the ground. “Finder’s keepers,” he said (or, at least, I thought he said – his voice was all kinds of squawky). He headed for a big square building.

Hey, anyone know a good lawyer? I have some estate issues I need settled. See, I just came back from the dead, and now my rotten ex-wife claims she doesn’t have to give back any of the stuff she inherited from me (btw, remember to change your will *immediately *after a divorce).

It’s not the first time this has happened to me either. A couple of years ago, there was this big explosion at work, and I got a nasty bump on the head. Didn’t remember who I was. Everybody assumed I died in the fire. Wandered around for a few months until I ran into someone who recognized me. There was a bit of a hassle and some tax issues, but I got my stuff back.

But this time I really was dead. Pearly gates and all. A necromancer friend of mine pulled a few strings to bring me back. But my ex says that since I was really dead, the will was carried out and she has the rights to all my stuff. Plus, since I was “born” less than a year ago, I’m legally a minor, and since I was resurrected in Ecuador, I’m not even a US citizen!

It ain’t all bad, though. The body I came back in is about 15 years younger than the one I left with. Which is nice.

The wabbits around here are all scwewy. And crazy. And silly. And … smarter than me! :eek:

There’s a couple lawyers who’ve made their carreers on this sort of thing. I used to work for Sylvester Pemberton…time travel’s not quite the same thing as dying, but you know…I might know who to ask who Mr Pemberton used to arrange that deal.

Lucky you…I now work with a guy who disappeared for a couple months, came back YEARS older. He’s not even entirely sure how he ended up that way.

Sorry, guys, just finished drinks with Tim and Mervyn. Great guys, both…

Mad! MAD! They dare to call me MAD! I’ll show them all. HA HA HA HA HA!

[Comic book universe geek] I’ve made a list of the 1920 styles of death rays, would you like to see it?[CBUG]

I dunno why you guys can’t live someplace quiet. :rolleyes:

Here in Metroville, the only excitement I get is when Bob, Lucius & I go bowling! And half the time, Bob & Lucius don’t even show up!
[sub]I wonder where they get to…[/sub]

We were vacationing near Arkham, Maine, just last week and saw the oddest-looking chap at the beach one moonlit night…

Here in Neopolis, we all have Science Powers. I know nothing of these “superheroes” of which you speak, but my Science Power is to urinate petrol which comes out looking of an alarming colour.

Great Krypton! As I was super-trolling the internet the other day, I saw this thread and was super-confounded about it’s meaning. Then after a bit of super-googling, I discovered references to the pre-Crisis universe.

Then I realized that all of you must be posting from Earth-Prime - the parrallel world in which metahumans are merely fictional characters in comic books! Evidently it still exists out there in the void that once was the multiverse, before the Crisis.

But anyway, with my super-vision and super-hearing, I super-see and super-hear that Lois is plunging to her death from a helicopter from which Lex Luthor threw her after she uncovered his fiendish new plot to destroy Metropolis. So, I must forego super-posting right now and super-leap into action. Up, up and AWAAAAAAYYYYYY!

Oh, Superman, is it? Well, Steel-head…the next time you’re gonna die…please either just stay dead or come back as a “Kid Super” or some darn thing? I have boxes of black “Death of Superman” armbands moldering in a storage space in Opal. Thought they’d do well there, what with all the hippies and the retro look and whatnot. Sank a lot of money into it. Then you come back and no one wants them. “In bad taste” they say. Caught that Lane woman giving me a dirty look…it’s not like she’s married to him or something!

Then my kid turns into a green zebra at school, my ex divorces me because I’m away trying to sell the stupid armbands, and my boss “ssssuggests that I join the local Kobra Khapter if I like my job.”

Now I’m in San Francisco. Seems quiet. Though I did see a green kid and a bald chick the other day on the street. I shoulda called the truant officer! Darn kids! :mad:

Folks, this is a great thread, but it’s been a helluva day. I’m going to head on over to the World’s End and have a couple of drinks. Anybody wants to join me, we can continue with our stories there.

Hope I can make it there before the storm hits…

Nah. I prefer to do my drinking while taking in the Perpetual Cabaret on Danny The Street.

Looks like halloween is in full gear here and the nutballs are rowdy as all get out. Aw jeez, now I see a bunch of Lawmasters parked outside.

((noise from hallway))

“Keep it down out there, would ya?”

((more noise and thuds))

“I don’t care if you are the law! Shut the hell up! I am trying to cross-index my comics!”