Explain the end of The Matrix Trilogy for me

I thought the Oracle took the form of Neo, and the OracleNeo fought Smith?

There is something to the effect that the Oracle played a trick of some kind. ((Above and beyond the “gave something up” clause that allowed for a different actress))

Neo (Original Neo) then goes and sacrifices him self to Deus Ex Machina. He does this after he explains that Smith can not be controled. … Along the lines of “Smith has grown beyond your control… he wont stop until he has his way… destroy the matrix”

I might have my timing wrong, but, doesnt (Blind)Neo and Trinity fly into machine city AFTER the last smith fight?

Well that was indeed the big computer’s name at the end. right? I think the Wachowskis arent holding back that they intended the end to be , from the heavens.

This is what happened: Smith, when Neo destroyed him the first time, became a virus of sorts. Smith started taking over all the other programs (the sentient ones at least, apparently the probrams for birds and buildings and rain still existed.) As Smith took on all these programs, he became more and more powerful, to the point where he controlled the Matrix. With Smith in control of the Matrix he could eventually overthrow the machines because he controlled the power source.

Because of inherent flaws in the Matrix, it was going to collapse anyway (sounds like M$ is at its core). Neo (or a Neo for that matter) was needed to reset the Matrix. Neo was more a tool of the Machines (to reset the Matrix) than he was of anything to the humans.

By the time they had fought, Smith was the defacto Matrix. The entire time Neo was trying to fight Smith, he was trying to fight the Matrix. When Neo finally accepted his fate, and let himself integrate intpo the Matrix, then the Machines allowed the reset (through Neo) which caused the destruction of Smith.