facts is facts

Resistance is futile!

Exterminate!

Wait, those don’t sound right…

No, he was/is being this infamous guy!

DrDeth was being a huge jerk in that thread. How convenient in this thread that he forgot to quote the other half of his initial post:

His issue seems to be not with Adama in SHIELD, but Adama in BSG. Which is just an annoying hijack with the potential to stir up a lot of shit about a reference that was otherwise a JOKE.

He posted about this SEVEN times before he got warned for threadshitting. FFS, dude.

Ahhhh… a Battlestar elitist. That explains a lot.

Clearly trying to tell other posters how to post. Doesn’t matter that you said “please”.

In the OP’s defense…we did sorta poke him. Once we found out what annoyed him (and after quickly checking to confirm he really couldn’t do jack about it), we proceeded to engage in japery.

Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

Plplplplplplplplplplplplplplp!*
*-Do you have any idea how hard it is to spell a Bronx cheer?

Yeah it’s all kinda done now.

And will soon be done again.

The DR and I have danced this one a few times ourselves; I would say
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?p=18238765#post18238765
being the latest example. I just wrote it off to all being how he entertained himself. In the general welfare of the board, it’s hardly worth debate. :smiley:

**DrDeth **is us now. Go through us. Do it.

I think 3, maybe four, and no warning, and the note wasnt for threadshitting. Mostly for hijacking, which was mostly true.

“Take this thread to Caprica.”

I’ve always tried to do what’s right. That’s the code I live by. Do you understand that?

This seems like as good a place as any to ask… what about the other form of misattribution, where a character is described using the actor’s real name (e.g. “Willis is in the duct, but miracuoously, all of the bullets miss him” or “Keanu leans back and miraculously, most of the bullets miss him”.

I see that all the time in printed and other media and although it’s different to the thing that sparked this thread, it seems about the same order of magnitude.

This really calls for a new size-word, since your sentence could be misleading, even though it’s completely proper and correct.

I propose minitude. This issue could only be honestly described in orders of minitude.

LOVE it! I’m going to use this word a lot, starting now.

You said what I wanted to say, only much better. Hats off to you, O civilized Barbarian.

Not as bad, IMHO.

“How do I reach these dopers?!”

Hey, that was Cartman!