Famous people you've confused.

But c’mon, that rant was solid gold! :smiley:

The New York Times once showed a picture of Jim Morrison and called him “the late Van Morrison,” which probably surprised Van quite a bit.

I always confuse Bruse Willis’ ex with cans of beef stew.

Leelee is the one who looks healthy, as if she has eaten recently. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are a few more of mine:

Steve Miller and Greg Kihn (which also causes Mr. S to guffaw)

The Kevins Spacey and Pollack

The Jeffs Daniels and Bridges

CBCD can you prove that? I have an on-going discussion with a friend regarding their relationship and so far I have not been able to show anything definitive.

So am I the only one who thought, looking at the thread title, that this was for cases in which you have confused celebrities, i.e., walking up to Tom Cruise and offering him your autograph?

The two Buffetts. :smiley:

Ah, one of the best Pit threads ever. Memories, misty water colored memories …

Anyway, for quite a long time, I thought that Harlan Ellison and Ralph Ellison were the same person. It was the sort of thing where I would hear about Harlan Ellison, and think “ah, the writer” and then wonder if maybe I had misremembered his first name … and then later on would hear about Ralph Ellison, and think “ah, the writer” and wonder if maybe I had misremembered his first name.

I guess I had this vague idea that Ellison, the writer, was an African-American author who specialized in social commentary, and that he wrote science fiction in his spare time, you know, to unwind after a stressful day of examining race in America.

I get those two mixed up all the time.

Also Shirley Jones and Shirley Knight.

Joan Collins and Elizabeth Taylor.
I could recognize both of them but I couldn’t tell you who’s who.

Samuel L. Jackson, Lawrence Fishburne, and Morgan Freeman.
Put these three in a movie together and you’ll confuse the hell out of me.

Ed Norton from the Honeymooners and Edward Norton from Fight Club.
Stop confusing me!

Martina Navratilova and Jane Hathaway (Nancy Kulp)

At least yours is somewhat more respectable than mine. I get Harlan Ellison and Harland Williams confused all the freaking time.

Don’t forget their common ancestor: Ralph Waldo Ellison.

I was amazed how only four different actors played all those parts in those British movies “Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels”, “Four Weddings and a Funeral” and “Trainspotting”.

James Franciscus and Tony Franciosa

Dylan McDermott and Dermot Mulroney. For the longest time, I thought that one individual created anagrams of his name in order to throw the paparazzi off of his trail.

Paris Hilton and Britney Speers. They’re both famous no-talent blonde girls.

I still get Micheal Ironside and the Bald guy in “V” mixed up all the time.

Brian Dennehy and Charles Durning. Still don’t know which is which. (and I often call Harry Morgan “Harry Potter” by mistake)

Thanks dude.

I thought for sure that when I saw Donny Osmond in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’’ that that was Glenn Shadix–probably most easily remembered as the interior designer in “Beetlejuice” and the minister in “Heathers”–playing Potiphar. But, no, it was an entirely different actor, one “Ian MacNeice.”

Tennessee Williams and Tennessee Ernie Ford.

And on a date once, we were discussing the film Indecent Proposal. I commented, “you mean I get a million bucks, AND I get to sleep with Rock Hudson?”