Famous people you've confused.

For whatever reason, Jeff Daniels and Bill Pullman really confuse me. I can’t ever seem to get 'em straight!

I’ve really never watched Monty Python so, at first, I declined an invitation to see Spamalot. But the person inviting me said that along with the guy from Frasier (Pierce) and the guy from Herman’s Head/Simpson’s (Azaria), that Tim Curry is also in it. So I finally agreed. When I told my wife that I’m going to see Spamalot, I told her that the only reason I’m going is because Pierce, Azaria and the guy from Home Improvement are in it. That’s right, I confused Tim Curry with Tim Allen.

I had an experience with the opposite. When I was a kid, I didn’t know that Tony was the short form of Anthony and I thought Tony Stark and Anthony Stark were two different people :smack:.

I guess I’m a bit older than the previous posters because when I was a kid, I confused these pairs:

Audrey and Katharine Hepburn
Rose Marie and Rosemary Clooney

Ah, multiple celebs that you can’t tell apart.

Jodie Foster & Michelle Pfeiffer
Nick Nolte & Gary Busey

You can’t believe how embarrasing it is to bring up in conversation what a good job Jodie Foster did in “Batman Returns” or comment on Nick Nolte’s mug shot that he’s really let himself go since “Under Siege”.

This reminds me, I used to occasionally confuse Anthony Perkins and Anthony Hopkins. The names of course, not the faces.

Ben Stiller and Ben Affleck. People looked at me funny when I said, “Dude, seen Affleck in Zoolander?” :smiley:

Agree regarding Bill Paxton/Bill Pullman – I’ve had the same problem for years now. :smack:

Try this:

Jodie Foster, Helen Hunt, and Leelee Sobieski.

I still get Jeff Bridges and Jeff Daniels confused.

That would be because Michael Ironside was the guy in v.

One time, in quiz bowl, I confused Ray Charles with Ray Stevens.

I though for sure that the Paul who directed “Magnolia” was the same Paul who directed “Crash”. The directing styles are identical.

Y’all might want to see the books compiled from Spy Magazine’s Separated at Birth columns. (Available at Amazon, but I don’t know how to provide the url without giving away personal data).

Same here for Tony Perkins and Tony Curtis. Sometimes I catch myself thinking how weird it was that Jamie Lee Curtis’s mom AND dad were both in that famous movie. :smack:

Several years ago I was at a Champ Car race and had the chance to meet driver and team owner Bobby Rahal, who, with David Letterman, owns the team on which Danica Patrick now drives.

At the time I worked at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC. I told Bobby this, and said that if he was ever in Washington he should look me up, and I’d show him around the museum.

Half an hour or so later, as I was leaving the hospitality tent, I said to Bobby, “See you in Washington.” He looked puzzled, probably having forgotten my offer.

That was the only time I can recall confusing a famous person.

(Yes, I know that’s not what the OP wanted, but it is what he asked.)

Oh, and he never visited.

Which raises the question, who’s the guy who wasn’t in V that HPL thinks is Michael Ironsides?

Every single time I mention Soylent Green I make reference to Clint Eastwood instead of Charlton Heston. Apparently my ability to distinguish one lanky grizzled guy from another is really shoddy.

It’d be one kick-ass movie, though.

I’ve never heard of Leelee Sobieski, but I’m glad I’m not the only one who can’t tell Helen Hunt and Jodie Foster apart

This one is really tough… I am fairly unable to physically distinguish Julia Stiles and Erika Christensen.