Five bodies found in two cars in a lake.

I’ve been trying to come up with suitable conspiracy theories since I read about it this morning, and a White Woman was also my first thought. Though I’m not ruling out homicidal motel owners or merpeople.

Take that, penny-pinching state accountants. “Oh, you don’t really need new sonar equipment.”

Good user name for that post. :slight_smile:
Perhaps the detective said they had no information because the cops are driving over to his house.

I believe side by side would go for an accident or a crime, they may have gone into the water at the same place, whether they were pushed or jumped.

It’s possible they entered the lake elsewhere, possibly forcefully enough to kill or knock out the passengers and then floated a little way with the current to a partially submerged berm.

If I’m a movie screenwriter, I take this scenario and run with it. What a chilling scene!

Now they need to head to the middle of the lake with the sonar and look some more. That’s where they’re going to find the Corvettes and Ferraris.

Yeah, and it’s also entirely likely they pulled the cars out not at the closest shoreline, but where there was a ramp, like here. So maybe they did go off State 44, which maybe didn’t have guard rails then and the edge of the lake was packed enough that the cars left no tracks.

Could be as simple as swerving to miss deer. I’m sure that around the lake they have plenty of deer.

StG

The disappointing thing is that unless there’s some actual physical evidence still left behind they may never know what the real cause(s) behind the sinkings were. If there’s evidence of ramming, a bullet hole in some panel, shell casings, a weapon or the like that’s one thing. But much of the evidence if there was a crime would have deteriorated decades back. I hope they do provide an update if any progress is made.

Imagine if then, they turned and started waving at you.

Twenty bucks says this will be an episode of Bones by spring.

Three of them were known to be driving together in the Camaro, with a 16 year old at the wheel. He drove into the lake.

The other one is more interesting - there were three skeletons in the car even though only two people were noticed missing. Still, the driver probably accidentally drove into the lake.

They already did a similar one on NCIS several seasons ago - of course, it was a murder.

ETA - on second thought - it was an accident posed to look like a murder.

Jesus Christ, 'tout, I don’t want to be thinking about that when I go to sleep!

:slight_smile:

Black Water.

Six people couldn’t escape these two vehicles? Wonder if both of these vehicles had electric windows? Sounds more like shenanigans to me.

Not in the 60’s and probably not in the 70’s.

A really* lazy *serial killer.

Or Cold Case.

Thanks so much, you two! I’ll be sure to warn my husband before I go to bed tonight to expect me to wake up screaming in the middle of the night from nightmares! :smiley:

It’s harder than it sounds.

'57 Chevy and '69 Camero so probably not. Had they been a Lincoln, Cadillac, or Packard then such windows would be a possibility. Packard introduced power windows in '40.

The thing is, the lake looks to be about 2 miles wide and 6 miles long. Its not a little pond. Just that stretch of road looks to be about 3 miles long.And both vehicles were found side by side. That’s a hell of a coincidence.

This article states that the two disappearances were about a year apart. That makes it seem a little less random.