Have you been to a restaurant featured on a TV show or a movie?

We live about a half-mile from the Bel Loch Diner, which is the diner in Diner. We’ve eaten at Katz’s in NY as well.

<insert “eating at the Paris Hilton” joke here>

Does Rosie’s Diner count? I’ve been there three times. The first time, we got a picture of me and a waitress who worked there, because we could have been twins. (I was the evil one, of course.)

I’ve been to the bar from Good Will Hunting (it’s in Toronto) and Tom’s Restaurant (as previously mentioned).

Eaten at Tom’s hundreds of times in college…I think I’ve been to or by a few places in “Sex and the City.” I played bingo at a drag bar in the West Village called Lips (there’s an episode centering around that, so I assume it was the same place).

I’ve been to several ones mentioned here (Hey, Hackney’s got on DD&D? Cool!), and one that hasn’t: Tony Packo’s in…uh…Toledo, right? It wasn’t intentional, we were just hungry when driving by Toledo once, and that’s where we ended up. It wasn’t until we’d been in line for a few minutes when my kid, a MAS*H fan, said, “Hey Mom, isn’t this the place Klinger was always talking about?” Yep, it is.

I’ve gotten mail-order from Tony Packo’s, does that count?

Otherwise, we’ve eaten at Baby Blues, which was featured on D, D & D.

Probably the Athenian Inn. I’ve actually been there too! The oysters were lousy.

We’ve been to Roslyns Cafe from the tv series Northern Exposure many times.

http://www.curtcass.com/roslyn/

Ah, so THAT’s where the bar interior was. I experienced quite a bit of consternation when watching Good Will Hunting. You see them going into the Bow and Arrow and then they’re… somewhere completely different. I always assumed it was somewhere else in town, since the Bow wasn’t at all nice inside so I could see them choosing a different interior, but Toronto makes sense.

I’ve been to Granville Moore’s which is going to be featured on Bobby Flay’s throwdown. *

The food there is pretty good although, you really need to know where it is because the sign is pretty non-descript and the building looks almost abandoned from the front.

• One of my neighbors keeps a blog and happened to be there when all this went down.

I’ve eaten at Pompilio’s in Covington KY, the restaurant featured in a scene from the movie Rainman.
Quite average Italian fare, too.

Apparently my apartment complex was featured in Office Space. The walls are thicker than Peter’s, though.

I’m just like everyone else in that I’ve been to Tom’s Restaurant. I’ve been to a number of places in LA that have been featured, but none are jumping out as noteworthy.

Do I get points for having been to bars shown on No Reservations?

I went to Zaytinya, a mezze (the Greco-Turkish version of tapas) Meditteranean restaurant in D.C. because it was featured on some Homo & Gay Television (HGTV) show. Two King Kong sized thumbs up- the lamb dishes and rabbit with lentils were out of this world as was the Turkish delight dessert, and even though it’s trendy and in a heavy tourist area it’s moderately priced; for three people the bill came to under $100, which included a $20 tip and three glasses of wine.

I also went to The Abbey in Atlanta after seeing it on a travel channel show. I thought it was overpriced and just ‘okay’ food. The chicken dish I had was about on par with a chain restaurant like Carrabas or Macaroni Grill, but about twice the price.

As much as I like to think I’ve matured since I was 13, some things I laugh at imply otherwise.

When Colbert did a Better-Know-a-District sequence for the district that includes my hometown, he sampled burgers he claimed to be from Pik-Kwik (a drive-in in Fife that’s only open part of the year) and Dick’s (the Seattle burger chain). I’ve eaten at every Dick’s at least once, and Pik-Kwik whenever I can, and I can say two things: 1, neither burger was anything like their alleged source, and 2, absolutely no outlet of Dick’s is in Adam Smith’s district.

The Athenian in Pike Place was in Sleepless in Seattle, right? IMDB says so. I eat there whenever I’m at Pike Place with my family.

I’ve always wanted to try Hymie’s Hunan, featured in Weekend at Bernie’s! :smiley:

I used to drink a lot at the Balboa Saloon, where INXS filmed their music video for “Devil Inside.” It included a shot of the marquee of the now-defunct Balboa Theater, where I saw many, many midnight showings of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.”

I started to go to Paula Deen’s in Savannah, which has been featured on many TV shows (including Paula Deen’s show, obviously). When I got there, the line was literally around the block, and when I went up to look at a menu and saw the buffet through the window it was stuff like fried chicken, fried chops, mashed potatoes, barbecue, etc.- stuff that I can get in almost any city in the south, probably just as good if not better and definitely cheaper.

So I went instead to The Pirate’s House, which is mentioned in Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil and was allegedly the place where Robert Louis Stevenson conceived of Treasure Island (the place has technically been in business for 250+ years, though only one small room actually dates to the 18th century; it was a restaurant when Stevenson was there, but really had once been a tavern frequented by sailors and pirates and had a cook nicknamed “Barbecue” [though I don’t know if he was one legged or owned a parrot]). I’d dismissed it before figuring it was probably a place where “waiters dressed up like a pirate for tourists in tee-shirts” type place. It’s, in fact, great- the pulled pork and collard green eggrolls were absolutely yummy, as were the grilled pork chops in a tangy mustard sauce.

Well, it was on the news…

I have eaten at Chuy’s on Barton Springs Rd. many times. It’s where Jenna Bush got busted for under-age drinking.

Somehow, I don’t think they were invited to cater the wedding. Too bad. Really great food and margaritas.

I wonder if they’ve taken “Don’t Stop Believing” off all the jukeboxes.

Johnie’s Coffee Shop (Miracle Mile, The Big Lebowski, Reservoir Dogs, American History X).

Tavern on the Green (Ghostbusters, Wall St., The Out-of-Towners)