Hello Kevin Bacon!

Hi Kevin! >waves< Why not join us? Become a Doper… we’re a really fun bunch!

I have always loved your work, but I have to say, most memorable for me was the Will & Grace appearance… total first class.

You deserved more hardware for Murder in the First.

I thought Google Alerts were for Google News items, not simple Google searches.

'Twas in my youth, it was; a winter I spent crewing as fine a barque as ever plied the high seas. We put in to a port of call in the West Indies. The mates and I found a watering hole on the beach where the drinks tasted of rum and nutmeg. The owner was a jovial local man known only as Sunshine. The walls were covered with pictures of notable people, commoners and kings, who had come from far and wide to enjoy his hospitality.

Ooh, Kevin Bacon.

Great German accent as well!

Q

Loved his credit card ad in which he dragged lots of people who knew him to a little shop to vouch for him.

And one of the three times he’s played a Marine, along with A Few Good Men and Frost/Nixon.

Keep up the good work, Kevin!

You can have them for anything you want. I have one for my last name which is kinda pointless since I have a relative that gets a bit of publicity so I call that the “Lets see what JoAnne is up to this week Alert”. I also have one with my store name which is nice since any time some random blogger happens to mention it or there’s an article in some newspaper that brings it up I get an email as soon as the spiders find it.

I just saw that episode a few days ago. That Kevin Bacon seemed like the guy that would have a Google Alert for his name.

Hi Kevin! I saw you once in Chicago buying something (I want to say fudge) from a street vendor about 20 years ago. That makes me one degree, right?

You are aware there are multiple Straight Dope books, yes?

Yes, but those are all about Cecil. Our books and movie will be all about me, er, I mean, us. I wonder who will play me?

Hi Kevin, love your work, have seen pretty much all of your movies (Taking Chance was excellent). Also love how genuine you come across, seem like a very nice guy!

If KB does deign to reply, does that mean all Dopers are First Degree Baconites?

I first noticed Kevin Bacon in *Diner.
What a great, great flick.

Ooh, ooh, me, too! And a big hi to Hungarian math guru Paul Erdos.

[So now this thread has a Erdos-Bacon number… but it’s imaginary, and probably irrational, too.]

You guys are dreamin’! Kevin is never gonna post here, no matter how cool and how great an actor he is! Or even if we make this the longest ever KB thread!!! Uh-Uh. No way in hell!:slight_smile:

Reverse pysch. Maybe he’ll post just to prove me wrong! HeHe!:wink:

Quasi

Tremors is High Art. “See, we plan ahead, that way we don’t do anything right now. Earl explained it to me.” is one of the great lines in film. The Woodsman is also High Art, albeit for different reasons.

Can we share this on FB, or would that be against the rules, guys?

Q

Did someone say BACON, Kevin!?

And no Oscar yet! What a crock. The guy is the consummate actor, and it’s way past time.

Q

What…no mention of Flatliners?
Pfft.

Hey, he’s won a couple of SAGAs, and I think that’d mean more than whoever decides the Oscars anyway, right?

Mmm…bacon…

What a great movie indeed. Not only was that the first time I saw Kevin Bacon, it was also my first view of Mickey Rourke…Daniel Stern…Ellen Barkin…Paul Reiser…and Tim Daly. I don’t know if Barry Levinson did the actual casting, but either way it was genius.