How can I kill a leprechaun?

Well, I’m with Daniel–why do you WANT to kill one?

I haven’t seen any of the movies, but in the Irish fairy tale literature, leprechauns are generally rather shy and spend most of their time trying to get away from YOU. All you have to do to get rid of one is to take your eyes off him for a moment, and poof! he’s outta there.

But of course, it would be silly to expect Hollywood not to tinker with something as simple as this by not adding exploding bubble gum and flying body parts.

(I haven’t seen any of them because I feel sorry that that’s the only work that Warwick Davis can find. I suppose I ought to support him with my entertainment dollars, but apparently he doesn’t need me to keep the wolf from his door, so…)

Most vampires burn quite well (not speaking from personal experience, honest, erm…) & since silver is an element mined from the earth, it is possible that there might be some molten silver in the lava, so it might get the werewolf too! But if there isn’t, expect a very hot, very angry (they can get worse?!) werewolf when he/she/it climbs out to come after you & experiment on the best way to kill a human!

Why do I want to kill the leprechauns?

Because I managed to piss them off and they’re trying to kill me.

On a more general level, I’m just interested in knowing how to kill things that are more powerful than me.

(OK, seriously? I have a webpage I’m working on about my imaginary evil empire. On my list of enemies I have the leprechauns. So for an update I’m hoping to have found a way to kill them. Sadly, as an evil emperor, calling on God is probably not going to work for me. As I said, I’ll be putting the webpage on the internet as soon as I can get to a zip drive, at which point this’ll make more sense.)

–John

Strap his short ass to a chair Clockwork Orange style and make his little irish butt watch all those wretched leprechaun movies, sequels and all. If the little green bugger doesn’t implode or commit mini-suicide just accept the fact that they’re indestructible and try to get him off your enemy list.

Quickly, before the little buggers steal your gold and disappear. And don’t touch the dead cockatrice without gloves.

Amazing how many Nethack addicts are showing up on this thread, isn’t it? If we’re going to go with the NH approach, just throw arrows at it until it dies. Yes, I said “throw”. Monks don’t use bows.

Next, turn yourself into a xorn, eat one of your rings of teleport control, then eat the dead leprechaun. It’ll help when you’re fleeing for your life from his buddies.

For leprechauns, I like beating them at their own game. Put all your gold in a sack. Wield it. Beat the hell out of them.

You begin bashing the leprechaun with the sack! --More–
The leprechaun is stunned! --More–
The leprechaun realizes you can have too much of a good thing.

OK, so it doesn’t really say that. But it should.

If only you could use two sacks in two-weapon mode, now, that would be something.

Leper-cons usually die of their sores anyway, and you can take comfort in knowing they’ll go to hell for their sins.

Sure & Begorra, th’ last tyme we had an infestation of the little buggers, we called the Orkin Man. :smiley:

Leper-con? That’s one I sure won’t be attending …