How long would a million bucks last you (if you had to use it every time you paid for something)?

I think I could make it last 20 years, but only after the kids move outl

Between 25 and 30 years.

I’d tend to splurge a bit, but I’d probably go about 20 years not adjusting for inflation.

At my current (grad school) level of spending, and ignoring the effects of inflation, it would last around 65 years.

Probably in the neighborhood of 8 years if it was my household expenditures, and more like 15 if it was just the stuff I sign the check/credit card slip on.

That’s assuming I pay off the house in a lump sum, and my wife and I buy a 40k car each outright.

No taxes, no inflation and at my current lifestyle? About 40 years. I owe about $30K on my mortgage and have no other debt presently, and live on my take-home. I’d pay off the house and make some much-needed improvements. I’m happy driving a POC car, although I’d like a POC truck for hauling horses and feed. A nice barn and indoor arena would be lovely, but not a nessecity. I might continue working and put the money towards those.

When can I expect the check?

StG

Realistically, if I got $1,000,000 under those conditions, I’d spend it considerably faster than I spend money at present. So, I’d probably go through it in about 10 years – then go back to my other capital and sources of income, which would have been accumulating nicely for my retirement.

too late, I already went to the local horse racing track, bet it all on some horse called “Baby Gil Needs Shoes”:smiley: