I'm a little blue - how about you?

They truly do. I hate that sore throat feeling that something is stuck in there and you can’t stop swallowing. Just knock me out with a mallet at that point.

It’s the slow period at my library. Everybody’s just sitting around trying to look busy, and I just can’t help watching the clock. My best friend’s on vacation for a week, and so I’m eating lunch by myself. Yeah, I’m just a tad blue.

Meditation and telling the wife dirty jokes seem to help. I hope you feel better.

BLACK!! a darkness more than night. But hey that’a my baseline

I feel a lovely shade of taupe, but what is a lovely shade of taupe. I am looking at paint chips and I can’t decide what to paint my new condo. But taupe is a good color to feel 'cause it means that nothing is going particularly wrong and your mood could be elevated to more vibrant shades very easily. The only downside is the lack of taupe emoticons.

We picked “smoky taupe” for our place, not only because we like the color, but (in my private world of amusement) because if you say it just right, it sounds almost like “smokin’ dope.”

What brand is that?

and also…did I go to college with you? seriously…that was like a 4 year long running joke.

I believe it was Benjamin Moore.

I’m going to take a wild guess and say you and I probably went to college in the same century and the same country. I had never heard of smoky taupe until we started looking at paint colors a year ago, though.

I am, as always, a little Pink.

Softball team lost 31-7 last night, 15-4 tonight. We’re 0-14 so far this year, 5-100+ over the last 3 years.

I love the game, but I’m hanging up the cleats after fall ball, I think. Played for the last 15 or so years. Maybe I’ll take up fishing.

Yeah, blue’s a good color.

31-7? :eek:

Don’t you guys have a slaughter rule?

The league I used to play in had a rule that if a team was leading by 12 or more runs after five innings, the game ended. With my old team, that rule made for some pretty short games. :smiley:

Unless … did the other team score 13 runs in the fifth inning?? :wink:

I suggest you stay out of Jet Jaguar’s garden!! :eek:

Yes.

We have the same rule.

1. :frowning:

Holy crap, I was totally kidding! Dude. :frowning:

We actually scored 3 in the bottom of the fifth.

Our pitcher has two pitches in his aresenal. Ball four, and Meatball. He couldn’t seem to serve up a strike until he walksed the bases loaded. Makes for a long night at first, a slow position to begin with.

So, I assume this is a beer league, and your team drinks heavily? (After the embarrassing loss, I mean, not that you lose because you’re drinking. Unless you do.)

Nah, not so much. It’s pretty much par for the course at this point.

You should have seen how wrecked we got the night we won! Seems like forever ago… :slight_smile:

Man, now I miss playing softball. :smiley:

Next game is Monday at 9. Can you play third base?

81 North, get off in Scranton. Call me when you get here. :smiley:

Now that you mention it, I am really really really starting to miss home. I think it’s made worse because there’s nothing going on here and I’m just bored all day. I can only get out on the weekends, and it’s not even every weekend.
But I really miss the fun I had back home. And the clubs!! And the fact that people were outgoing and not chronically SHY!! People wont even dance with strangers it seems. WTF is up with that!?
The other night, I was trying to dance with people all night. The one or two sparatic people who would even attempt to dance, really sucked and only did it for a second. I didn’t let it stop me from dancing though. At one point in the night, after trying to dance with people all freaking night, someone finally came up behind me and started dancing with me. I turned around and it was this short little gay guy. He just gave me the biggest grin and put his arms on my soldiers. I stopped for a second and looked at him. Then I was like, 'Fuck It. I’ll take what I can get…" and we danced for quite a bit.
:sigh:
Man, I really miss clubs in Tampa where one could just get drunk, dance, and makeout with random girls all night. Or even just meet new people!! Or chat with strangers!!!
Or how about just being able to read the damn billboards and signs everywhere!!! (I am getting better at that though)

I really do like this country a lot. But between the Army getting in the way of fun, the night clubs being so shitty, and the total lack of anything going on all week, I am really starting to miss home a lot!!! Oh shit, don’t even get me started on the lack of good beaches, Jet Skis being practically illegal, and soldiers this close to the DMZ not allowed to own cars!!
Grrrr… I’m done now. Hope this wasn’t too random.

Well, it was pretty random, but that’s not a bad thing. Random is good. Here’s a task for you, Bear - make up your mind to enjoy where you are right now, and don’t let anything stop you from doing that. You’ll be glad you did when you’re back home again.