Important News for Friends of norinew [RIP]

I still parse her username as “Nori new”, not “Norine W” though. :slight_smile:

Sending all the mojo I can muster to norinew, she’s well-loved around here. All these Doper vibes should help. Hope the next news is good news.

Send her our best wishes for getting better!

This is Norninew’s husband, Ray. I hope the mods do not mind me using norinew’s Id, but I do not have a ID of my own and I thought writing an update on her would be an acceptable reason to bend the rules.

As I write this, she is undergoing evaluation for a liver transplant. The liver has failed, completely, and a new liver is required if she is to survive long term. Right now, she is stable, no infection and with a strong heart and lungs, so I have every reason to hope she will come though this just fine.

She counts many of you on this board as among her best friends, and I when I see her tomorrow I will tell her of the many good wishes and prayers coming from her friends on the SDMB.

Take care,
Ra

Sending good thoughts.

Thinking of you, Norine, and hoping for a good outcome, and a speedy resolution.

Good thoughts to Norine! What a scary situation for her and all her family.
I really enjoy reading her posts here. I hope a good liver comes along soon!

All of y’all are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

The Doorses send our thoughts and best wishes. Norinew is one of the Dopers I’ve gotten closest to over the years, and it sucks that y’all are having to go through this.

Sending best wishes! Please keep us updated.

Good thoughts, vibes and a spin on the prayer wheel from me for you, Norine. Stay strong.

I’ve always thought of norinew as one of the board’s really good people. Please add my thoughts and prayers for her to make a full recovery. And thanks to you, thebadman, ThreadPirateRoberts and Ray, for the updates during this difficult time. You are in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Crossing fingers that a new liver comes up, the transplant goes well and all is back to normal for you all! I just had a friend go thru a kidney transplant and the worse part was the waiting - here’s hoping your wait is very short.

Sending good vibes from The Farm to y’all.

Best wishes to **norinew **and the rest of the family. I’ve spoken to her a couple of times at Gettysdopes, and found her delightful. May everything work out well with as little pain and angst as possible.

Best wishes to norinew and all her family and friends, here and in face-life.

Wow. Epic.

I wish Norine the best of luck!

My thoughts and prayers are with Norine and family. Please keep us posted.

StG

Please let her know how many people are sending her their best wishes.

I am sorry she is going through this and hope a new liver comes to her soon.

Awful news, but I’m glad she’s holding up for now and I hope a transplant can be arranged very soon. We’re rooting for you, norinew.