Important News for Friends of norinew [RIP]

Aw, damn, that truly sucks. I’m crossing my fingers for a quick transplant and speedy recovery, too.

I’m really sorry to hear this. I hope for the best!

She is a really great member and we are looking forward to good news.

TokyoPlayer

Everyone in the Wonderland household is sending positive, healthful liver vibes her way. I hope she feels better soon!

I’m very sorry to hear this news.

Sending my best wishes and hopes for a good outcome to her and her family. Please do keep us updated.

Sending my best wishes and healing vibes to norinew and her family. Hope a new liver is found for her soon.

Very best wishes from Scotland!

Sending all the good vibes I can muster! Vibe vibe vibe vibe vibe!

All the very best vibes from this edge of the world too.

norinew has always been a sensible, loving, force for good here.

Thinking of you all and praying for Norine’s recovery.

Best wishes and prayers from Spain.

Is living donor transplant being considered? I understand the liver is one of the organs for which it’s possible.

I send my best, and healing wishes to Norine and family.

Praying for her! Please keep us updated on her condition.

Thanks for letting us know!

Sending healing thoughts her way.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Sending my best wishes along the intertubes, too. I have loved reading Norinew’s posts for years now. She’s a great member and I do hope that she’ll be on the road to full recovery very soon. Please keep us up to date.

Big hugs to you all too, during this stressful time.

Good luck norine, and best wishes.

I do not know if they would be willing to try it but if so I’m planning on having them test me to see if I would be a possible candidate.

I’m so sorry to hear this! I’m saying prayers for Norine and that a liver becomes available soon.

You know we care about you Norine. Get better.

This is Ray again with an update.

I spoke to her doctor late last night (he called me at 2:30am this morning!). Currently she is unconscious, on a ventilator and essentially being kept alive by the drugs, skill and dedication of her doctors. I am truly grateful such people exist in the world!

It appears that some of her liver function is returning, not much so far, but any function is good as from what I understand the liver is the only organ that can regenerate itself, so if any part of it is functioning then maybe it will repair itself and a new liver will not be necessary.

The next 12-24 hours will tell the tale, and I will update this thread when I know more.

You can make it. Hang in there.