Invent a new hot dog style!

One I’ve made myself.

The Mexican dog - dog on a bun topped with refried beans, salsa and sour cream.

I’ve used spinach sautéed with lots of garlic as a topping- really good.

Though I like a plain 1939 dog: Polish sausage with lots of kraut. And mayo on everything. Including the mayo.

Ideas for a World War II: VE Dog- please feel free to add:

Polish sausage
Sauerkraut (or victory cabbage)
French fries
American cheese

What could represent Russia, Italy, and the UK?

Russians have this amazingly spicy and delicious mustard that I remember from childhood but can never find in NA.

I’d let the French make the bun and leave the chips to the UK.

Italians should bring the wine.

Perro España: Hot dog, garlic, olives, Serrano ham.

Southern Style[sup]TM[/sup]

A pork/beef blend hot-dog. Split in half. Fried, not grilled, not steamed or (shudder) boiled. Served on a split-top bun, French’s yellow mustard, relish and Red Rooster hot sauce. Dill pickle spears on the side.

A half-slice of american cheese for the kids version.

That Italian variant actually sounds pretty good! I’d use a baguette instead of a standard bun, substitute a grilled Italian sausage for the dog, smother the lot in marina sauce, and top with cheese—Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, whatever. Then put it under the broiler for a few minutes. A meatball sandwich with a wiener instead! I can see wrapping the sausage in thin slices of salami, pancetta, or prosciutto, too!

BTW, Keen’s English mustard in a jar is the best substitute I’ve found for Russian gorchitsa in NA, though I once had some stuff in Paris that singed my sinuses too!

What, no cole slaw?!? :eek:

I knew I had forgotten something. :smiley:

Cole slaw. Cabbage only. Carrots in cole slaw is an abomination.

The Dog with No Name

Sally Lunn bun (dog shaped of course) crushed pineapple, miniature marshmallows. Place under the broiler to toast the marshmallows a bit.

Kosher frank on rye bun: brown mustard, grilled sauerkraut, and caraway seeds.

Canadian hotdog - just add maple syrup.

Camberwell market dog

Spicy Debriciner sausage, grilled, on a crusty wholemeal roll with sauerkraut and hot english mustard.

There is always the Wonker Wiener … :smiley:

A hot dog with nothing inside it: The Hollow-weenie.

Vermont Dog - all beef hot dog with melted cheddar cheese, apple slices, brown mustard, and maple syrup.

One I actually make, but has no name: fried dog on bun, slather with crunchy peanut butter and top with Sriracha. Smoky, hot, crunchy, with an Asian peanut sauce flavor.

Name suggestions? Be polite.

Un Chien Andalou- grill the dog, add a couple strips of bacon or some thin sliced ham, some fried green peppers, fresh diced tomato and a smear of mojo picon.

Feh. A real Canadian hotdog would be maple smoked back bacon, cheese curds, French’s mustard, mayo, saskatoon chutney on a bannock bun.

So There.:stuck_out_tongue:

Satay Night Special?