Invent a new hot dog style!

Me like.

Australian Hot Dog: served with slices of pickled beetroot.

Australian Hot Dog “with the lot”: served with slices of pickled beetroot, fried egg and pineapple.

Ha, pay that but yuck.:o

Not bad, but I’d improve it: *turkey *hot dog, hummus, tahini, french fries, Israeli salad (finely chopped cucumbers and tomatoes with salt and olive oil), onion, fried eggplant slices, skhug, and a hard boiled egg. In a pita, of course.

Chinese Dog: Minced steamed hot dog, soft steamed bun with no crust, topped with soy sauce and spring onions.
… I also thought of the obvious ethnic slur, but hey, this is a nice thread… :wink:

South Korean hot dog: Made with the freshest Chihuahuas.

That is what I have been eating for years.

When I visited a buddy of mine in Germany back in 2003 I think he about had a heart attack at seeing me put catsup on a hot dog :smack:

Though I do actually like some onion on my hot dog also.
[URL=“http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/”]

And poutine on the side instead of fries? :stuck_out_tongue:

I call this the College Dog (cuz I used to eat it on a very regular basis in college):

Cook dog in a frying pan of butter, sprinkle with generous amount of cayenne pepper. Slather the bun with mayo. Put the buttery, caynenne-peppery dog onto the bun and top with cheez-wiz.

I actually did this once. More work than it’s worth.

What extra effort did it take?

A hot dog is taken out of the package and ready to be put in the pan/grill as-is and doesn’t really take long to prepare as it’s already cooked-- just heat it up and eat. The burger-dog takes longer to prep than a traditional hot dog and needs to actually be cooked. And, it’s not as big as a typical hamburger, so it just seemed like a lot of work for very little payoff.

In other words, for the same amount of work and cook time, I could’ve had an actual hamburger and been full.

I have had hamburgers served on hot dog bun where the meat was fried loose and spooned into the bun before adding the usual condiments. I had them in a mom n’ pop place in a small central Pennsylvania town, though people tell me they are common and popular in the Mid-West. Still more work than preparing hot dogs, but less than is involved in making ground beef into hot dogs.

The Texan dog - A hot dog, topped with chunks of steak. Smothered in spicy barbecue sauce. Chopped onion garnish optional.

My sainted mother ate her hot dogs with mayo, relish, and peanut butter and taught us to do the same. My brother still follows this practice, but I have not. Me: sauerkraut & mustard with onions; or ketchup & onions; or chili & cheese with onions. Hmm, onions looks like the common denominator.

As an adult I lived in New Orleans a block or so off the parade routes and went through 4 or 5 dozen steamed dogs and buns every time there was a parade. Once on Friday, twice on Saturday and Sunday. Good times. Offered was chili, onions, ketchup, cheese and mustard. Other stuff, bring your own. Donations of buns and dogs welcome.

Spiral cut Hot Dogs
Vacuum Marinated in Franks red hot wing sauce.{in a canister not a damn bag} (trust me it does not come out hot in the end)
Smoked on a Smoker of your choice. for about an hour.

add home made relish (its only sort of relish, chopped cukes, onion, garlic, red bell and habanero peppers in a dill brine)
and some good mustard.

Effing Divine.

had to add because the spiral cutting part is the hard part