Is the Democratic Party "anti-God", and what can they do to stop that stereotype?

Let me guess: since it’s all been for a handout for “the past 4 decades”, that’s why the VA has no money or time to treat the thousands of American Armed Forces that are in dying need of medical care. Right?

I understand that, but don’t mock God either.

I really would like to actually address the topic. My answer would be to fight fire with fire. The only reason why Democrats are thought of as godless is that that’s the message being sent by the Republicans. So start pointing out how godless the other side is. In other words, point out how they are doing what the Christian God says is wrong.

Not everywhere, of course. Just in the places where the Religious Right have a stronghold.

I mean, I was Republican by default growing up, just because I was a Christian in the Bible Belt. This shouldn’t be!

Nobody in this thread is “mocking God”, for the record.

Not yet. Wait 'till I finish shaving.

You used some very judgmental terms regarding atheists. You don’t like the fact that LBGT persons have the same rights as you and you consider them as worthless.

That’s for God to decide. It’s none of your concern.

What I am trying to say, Dr. Drake, is that some Americans, feel that the Obama Democratic Party is pushing gay marriage on the country, and in schools. Some people are not a fan of it. Some feel that they will push lesbian and gay politicians like Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) and Jared Polis (D-Colo.) to run for president, vice president, etc. Some Americans do not like that. They don’t want to be hearing about these people.

I have no problem with LBGT persons, I do not. Some Americans do. They tell me this all the time, and they are vexed. They feel that President Obama will end their lives. This is why he is unpopular in this country. I am an independent, by the way. I am not a right wing.

Why are you so concerned about what “Some Americans” might think?

Yeah, and the Klan doesn’t like black politicians either. Fuck 'em.

Maybe because he identifies with them but doesn’t want to own up to it.

Let’s roll the discussion back to 1938!

“What I am trying to say, Dr. Drake, is that some Americans, feel that FDR’s Democratic Party is pushing black people on the country, and in schools. Some people are not a fan of it. Some feel that Eleanor Roosevelt will push black politicians to run for president, vice president, etc. Some Americans do not like that. They don’t want to be hearing about these people.”

Some Americans don’t think the Bible should be distributed to people under the age of 18. Some Americans think every church should pay property taxes.

And some Americans think black people should still be slaves, some Americans think gay people are just wrong, even some American politicians have called for gays to be rounded up and put in camps.

Some Americans do not like these things and they don’t want to be hearing about these people.

I’m not a fan of the military, but do you seriously think that people in the military are getting handouts? I was under the impression that members of the military were paid for the work that they did, and worked to earn their pay. I don’t have any problem with paying people for their labor.

Because they are on the edge of snapping, and everyone in America’s viewpoint should be listened to before it’s too late.

We’ve done this before and as best I can recall the answer is that while GloryDays does not personally agree with the concerns of his friends in Queens and Staten Island, he feels that these concerns should be aired.

They don’t care enough to join the SDMB and express their concerns, so he is going to do it for them, even though he does not personally share their opinions.

And as far as the gay marriage thing goes:

I’ve posted on this board about why I left the United States. My grandfather fought in WWII; his grandfather fought for the Union in the Civil War; his great-grandfather was a German immigrant who fought in the Revolutionary War. But because the country of my birth did not recognize gay marriage federally, I was unable to sponsor my husband for immigration. So I left, because people like your friends made it untenable for me to stay.

I took my education and skills and I’m now a productive citizen in my mother’s country, Canada. I will stay here for the rest of my life, even though the rules have changed and I could now come back. Because while people like your friends exist here, they are not taken seriously, but in the US, there is large swath of the population that makes it clear that I am a second-class citizen. (Plus health care.)

So just to note, your values involve driving hard-working, educated Americans out of the country, and I don’t think that is making the country better. YMMV.

The nasty paranoid ones own all the guns, too, GloryDays. Sure, they can’t outgun the National Guard, but your local police may or may not be able to quell any unrest they start. So maybe we’d better start sucking up to them while there’s still time.

So what? Seriously. So what? You’ve expressed your friends concerns; I’ve rejected them. Why do I care if they snap? (Whatever that means.)

We’re listening to them.

And we’re telling them that they are wrong.