Is urinating outside a sign of a mental health problem?

@ Taomist: exactly. somewhere/way he has been “done wrong” & now he’s literally going…Piss on it

And urban NZ, especially in a direct line between a pub and, well, anywhere.

Best example was the mid-morning charmer who peed against the courthouse, while a whole bunch of us were waiting for jury selection on the other side of the window. One woman got up to tell him off and he gave her a very special one-finger salute.

Commonly at outdoor concerts, guys will form a pissing circle wherever the urge takes the majority, stadium, access gates, main roads…

I’ve only yelled at a couple of pissers (both males) when they made the effort to leave a neighbour’s property to piss in my front garden (In one case while I was sitting on the porch watching!).

I remember one case a while bak in chch where some scarifies got in trouble after trying to piss thru an open window on the way home.

I think he’s nuts. Hostile, too.

The most recent peeing in public episode I witnessed was when I was visiting someone in a mental facility. Waiting for the attendant to unlock the door to let me out, a resident( coming back after a day out) was standing on the other side of the door waiting to be let in. He just decided to whiz right there on the doorstep, and the attendant had a conniption fit, but - the guy was nuts, what are you gonna do?

My dad has a pissing story.

He’d noticed that the same truck was parking across the road from their house every morning over a week. Not a little truck, a big articulated sixteen wheeler. While he could understand someone stopping each morning to appreciate the trees and flowerbeds of the park, the truck driver only stopped for a couple of minutes before taking off again.

This went on for several more weeks and dad noticed a stain appearing on the asphalt across the road. He realised that the guy was traveling down their side street and stopping to piss on the footpath by the park every morning. Chatting to neighbours confirmed this.

So he called the company number on the side of the truck and spoke to the owner who with great boredom said that they had a lot of complaints like this, and they’d tell they guy to stop. Again.

There was a gap of a few days and dad was working in the garden, chopping back some plants when the truck appeared again.

Sure enough, after half a minute, a stream of liquid hit the path and dad wandered across the road.

“Excuse me, did you know there was a public toilet around the corner?” He asked.

“Yeah? So?” The driver replied with great belligerency and a steady splashing.

“Everyone around here would appreciate it if-”

“You can *fuck *right off.” The driver began with a final waggle and, leaving his bits dangling, he turned to my dad and swore a little longer with some suggestions of where the public toilet could be shoved and some cunt who got him in trouble by ringing his boss and he’d piss on that fucker - there was a pause.

“You’ve got a knife in your hand.” The driver observed.

“Yeah? So?” Dad was very pleased that he could mirror the driver’s earlier statement, it made him feel better.

“Why have you got that knife in your hand?” The driver asked, with a sudden attack of no swearing.

Dad did not feel the need to explain his Agapanthus control methods.

“Never you mind why I’ve got a knife. Why are you pissing on our street every morning when there’s a public toilet around the corner?”

The driver tucked his bits back into his pants. “Are you threatening me?”

“I’m asking why you’re pissing on our street every morning when there’s a public toilet around the corner?” Dad replied evenly, smiling. For some reason he felt he had taken control of the situation.

“You’ve got a knife.”

“Yes. Now, why are you pissing on our street every morning when there’s a public toilet around the corner?”

“Fuck this!” The driver replied, scuttling for his cab and driving off at speed.

He never came back.

I have another story, but I’ll wait and see if the thread keeps going.

I would be willing to bet your dad’s psychiatric problems are worsening. Anything else changed? Does he seem suspicious or even paranoid?

My brother appears to have stopped urinating in the kitchen sink.

I just caught him using the bathroom sink.

Progress!

Count me as one who uses the backyard at times. I’m an outdoors adventurer in my heart (and on weekends) and I’m proud to bring a little primitive back to my mechanized controlled life. We live in an area where water conservation is important and I’m not hurting the backyard.

So I save some water and get a little fresh air. On the other hand, I wouldn’t want strangers coming up and doing it on my house or yard even if urine is sterile.

Urinating outside is a sign that you gotta pee and you are outside.

I love peeing outside. One of the good things about visiting my grandmother’s house in the country. I haven’t pissed outside in years though, I live in town now.