It's a silly story or rumor, but it creeps you out anyway

Too late. And yes, it reinforced the phobia, but good. ::shudder

I can’t find it now, but I think it was in a thread about weird experiences on this board, someone said they sat up in bed and looked over the side to see the form of a man, lying flat, but hovering some distance above the floor, the observer called out and the man said nothing, only looked at her, then slid sideways out of the room.

I didn’t dare take my eyes off the monitor when I read that, in case there was a man hovering next to me.

What’s creepy is that I looked that up on Wikipedia, and I played the sample one they gave, and when it came on my dog (who has been lying peacefully on the floor all morning) leapt up and ran over to me.

(He doesn’t do that when I turn on my drum and bass …)

God. That just gave me the chills.

I also can’t look in mirrors in the dark. I know I’ve posted this somewhere on the boards before, but also any movie scenes with something walking behind a character, across the frame, freak the hell out of me. It gets to the point sometimes where I’m washing dishes and I have to turn around quickly because I feel like there’s something there, watching me. My boyfriend once came home while I was washing dishes and talking on the phone to my dad, and grabbed me around the waist. I screamed so loud, one of those deep-breath-in-total-scream-out numbers.

Anyway, that’s not a silly story or a rumor. But those Haunted shows on TLC can really freak me out. They’re all about the cheesy reenactments, but one episode last season featured a house haunted by some Satanic monks or something, and the appearance of a giant rotting head floating in midair in a girl’s room. Those things still sneak up on me sometimes.

Whoa. That was cool! :smiley: