Lazarus and others who were raised from the grave

The Gospels said that some of those raised were still alive in 125-130 AD? Truly the writers had the gift of prophecy in spades!

Well, Jesus himself only raised at most four people- Jairus’ daughter, the Widow’s Son, the Centurion’s Servant (tho I don’t think it says he was dead, just near death), and Lazarus (who was dead & buried & near decay- and thus regarded as the most miraculous).

Those who were raised at His Resurrection were probably not numerous- if the Seventh-Day Adventists are correct, it was twenty-four. Of course, that is assuming they were raised to life & the passage just doesn’t mean that tombs split open to expose their bodies.

I thought thay Jesus came to save all mankind,his death and ressurection was to accomplish this (Not Just the rightous of that, or prior times). There were hundreds of thousands of people who had died over the centuries and were in the grave for hundreds, if not thousands of years BC. Some of their bones would have even been eroded. So I get the mind set, that only rightous people were Ressurected?I would think the rightous (Like Mary Mother of Jesus) wouldn’t need saving. If I remember correctly;Jesus decended into Hell to release all those that were there before his death. I have never heard of Lazarus being mentioned in the Bible after that time. He could certianly have given a very great discription of Hell so no one would want to sin again. Then I have read in scriptures that he spoke in Parables so the ones he didn’t want to save, would not understand least they be saved. I could be wrong, but it doesn’t sound to me that He wished all mankind to be saved!

Monavis

The spirits of the righteous, such as Lazarus, would have been in the Paradisial section of Hades-Sheol (all Hades/Sheol mean are “the Unseen or Hidden Realm”).
The statement that Jesus descended into Hell, actually refers to Hades. specifically the Paradisial holding-place of righteous spirits. I believe He also reached out across the Abyss to those in the Tormenting realm of Hades.

The Bible is clear- God wants all humanity to be saved, but it’s also clear that God doesn’t make the same effort for everyone at the same time. All humans will have full opportunity to be saved, but God’s not always working on it immediately. The Bible hints at a time before the Final Judgement when every soul gets the full opportunity it may have lacked in this life.