Mehitabel, I am married. Start stalking someone else.

Well it seems like Aldebaran started this thread because her(?) habit was getting to the point of ridiculous. You seem to merely be pissing in someone’s cornflakes, so to speak. :slight_smile:

Wait wait wait, let me get this straight…
Somebody married Aldeberan?! EWWWWWW! HE’S SO ICKY!
Al, didn’t you at one point claim to have dual-citizenship, or a dual ethnicity or some other bullshit along the lines of “My European half forces me to be civilized, but the passions of my Arab half are hard to control” (prompting eye-rolling on a cosmic scale) or something? Is it especially shocking that someone would refer to you as a Belgian or an Saudi depending on context, since you seem to self-identify with both? Well, maybe to you it is, but you’re a goof and thus set a low standard.

Of course, why anyone’d bother ‘stalking’ you escapes me. You’re just not that riveting.

Mehitabel: your pitting too anticlimactic? Join the club.

Hey, Bryan Ekers, post #10.

Thank you, come again.

To clarify - it’s ‘clairvoyant’, and it doesn’t extend to analyzing obvious and simple childish behaviors such as yours.
There aren’t playgrounds at US high schools, unless they’re at a small school or one found in a rural area where high and lower school facilities are shared.
My comment that you called bigoted simply points out that Mehitabel’s being a female seems to play a part in your angst; namely that her interest in you must be romantic, and now you state that she wouldn’t even be attractive to you in person like your two beautiful wives are. Her problem with you isn’t intellectual because she’s a female is what you seem to imply. I suggest to you, sir, that your comments in that vein could be taken as misogynistic. That’s what it’s called when women are lumped together and held to have some unpleasant characteristic.
Wouldn’t I have to be aware of your ethnicity to make a bigoted comment anyway? Clearly I could not be sure of your ethnicity as you have done your best to keep it cloaked in ambiguity. I am clear of your gender from your other comments and your apparent (to the beholder, namely me) gender bias.
The mods have the best interest of this board in their minds, so I would think their lack of response was perhaps a sign that your problem didn’t deserve one. But then, if I assume cross traffic will stop when my traffic light turns green, I’m trying to be a clairvoyant, aren’t I?

Lastly, your bit about the ATMB doesn’t make sense how you’ve written it. What did you mean to write?

I don’t know if I’d draw much attention to that first ATMB thread if I were the OP.

This post: June 22, 2003:

From this thread, before I’d even heard of the guy. He didn’t mention me at all. Off to a great start, hmmm?

The only other ATMB thread he’s in is about the rule about posting in other languages and he makes a joke.

In Flemish.

I have better things to do than search for other threads involving him, not that it’d be good for my blood pressure if I did. :smiley:

Besides, he’s really not that riveting :wink: and I don’t seek out his posts. I don’t say anything unless he attempts to hijack a thread I’m looking at.

Second chance to accept the offer, Aldebaran. Your stay here can be a lot more pleasant for all of us if you take it.

Personally, I would prefer that no one ever be banned or remove themselves because they’ve been upset or have upset someone else - we’re on here to write what we think and express ourselves the best we can. To a man, we all have something to learn and we will learn it from others. I want Aldebaran to stay and be as vocal as he likes about the subject of his choice. How dull and uninteresting would it be if we only had threads where we’re all in agreement? And how else would we know the consequences of putting our thoughts/beliefs into words/actions without finding out if we’d get our asses handed back to us on a plate? I know I’ve seen other’s comments about how being offended is really just having our own ideas questioned; sometimes we get lazy in our minds and need a shake-up.
I can’t go back to arguing alone; the neighbors get antsy.

And thus the winning grammar streak comes to an inglorious end. :frowning:

Bit of a contradiction here, seems to me…

Post #1:

Post #33 or thereabouts:

If the OP never recieved a reaction, even after notifying the Mods several times, I think one can assume that in their view no rules violation took place, correct?

Lastly, this:

Oh, well if that’s what’s really bothering the OP, I can help. 1. I believe everyone here can tell the difference between things Aldebaran said and things Mehitabel said: the name of the poster is prominently visible in each post he or she makes. 2. Aldebaran is under no obligation to respond to the posts of Mehitabel or anyone else if he doesn’t want to; that he finds himself getting sidetracked by this non-issue is entirely his choice and not forced on him by anyone.

There, simple.

Not much of a contradiction if you’ve noticed the rules are enforced on an extremely ad hoc basis. Like if I called you a troll for instance, nobody would care (and I’m not, that’s just the first well accepted rule flouting that came to mind).

I don’t know either Aldebaran or Mehitabel, so this isn’t personal for me. Just for the hell of it, I read this thread because the title caught my eye. It’s a very misleading title, because Mehitabel doesn’t seem remotely romantically interested in Aldebaran, yet he claims she’s got a crush on him or wants to marry him. That seems very gratuitous and juveline. There’s simply no evidence in any of the threads he posted that would indicate that she wants to be Wife #3. Sure, he may feel genuine aggravation towards her posts, but why accuse her of having some sort of feelings for him? It’s ironic that he says she’s behaving like a high school student, because his response to her has been rather high school-ish in that he turns her interest in him into a sexual issue. It’s rather bizarre and off the topic, so why do it? Seems like throwing a bit of gasoline on a little brush fire.

Aldebaran: Having made a dispassionate review of the posts in question, I’m sure Mehitabel doesn’t want to marry you, dude. I’m sure she thinks you’re a total jerk. I’m not saying that’s what I think, just that she’s not after your love and devotion, that’s for sure. If you want my advice (which I’m sure you don’t), just IGNORE her, even if you have to use the IGNORE function. Don’t waste your time on someone for whom you have this much contempt. Same goes for Mehitabel, in reverse.

Please continue with your regularly scheduled train wreck…

Well, I can’t really agree with the use of ‘extremely’ on that point, but whatever.

Same here. I don’t know either one, but I agree with Rubystreak’s assessment of the situation.

Mehitabel is free to speculate on your location, as are others. I’m not sure why this bothers you so much. Even if other posters believe her and continue the rumor, so what?
This doesn’t affect you. Just let it go, dude.

Mehitabel’s a chick? Huh.

As for the rest, well, Aldebaran’s lunk-headed anti-Westernism and mystifying prose fascinated me for a while, too. Eventually, though, I just mentally permafiled him under “Cranks” and let my eyes sort of blur over his posts.

I tried to read him in this thread, and frankly, nothing I’ve seen is likely to force me to re-evaluate his status.

Why are people so afraid about posting where they are? At least which country they live in. It’s really chickenshit to criticize America and then refuse to release any details about the country in which you reside in.

It kind of reminds me of how Jack Dean Tyler ranted on and on about other peoples sex lives and how inferior it was, but completely clammed up when posters asked about his own sex life.

You know, it’s this little gem that makes me want to post something here:

This was written after you completely misread her post and then reacted to what you thought she meant. By saying she’d just lump all Arabs together, she was being sarcastic. In other words, she was telling all of us westerners that maybe she’d rather make a distinction between, say, Saudis and Kurdish Iraqi’s… because let’s face it… there’s a slight difference.

Now, her saying “my little Belgian” was definitely nothing but inflammatory (though, I’m forced to admit, very good comedy) but your repeated use of “little voices in your head” is just as bad.

And finally, I agree with the earlier posters. If you feel SO STRONGLY that she should just use the ignore button, why don’t you use it too? It’s just silly to say that to someone, for the reasons you’ve been giving, and not be held to the same standard.

I don’t know either of you, and I read through a lot of the posts everyone provided. It seems that your accusations are unwarranted and, to be honest, a lot hypocritical. I have no investment in who “wins” this little argument, so I hope you can at least take the criticism of an unbiased 3rd party and maybe re-think what’s really going on.

I, for one, can beleive he has dual citizenship. Can you imagine any country being able to tolerate him for more than 6 months a year? :eek:

BTW, how hilarious would it have been if Mehitable were a poor spelling dyslexic and it came out Mehitalde? :smiley:

Alde, you’ve not only been one of the most insufferable, obnoxious posters lately, you’re actually making me look forward to Reeder’s return. His rants are so far out there that they’re actually entertaining. You, on the other hand, at about the Blackacre level.
Salaam this.

You’re absolutely right. If I want a conceited, shallow, trust-fund-baby boyfriend spouting weirdo political theories, there’s certainly no shortage here in New York City. :smiley:

Anyway, I did try using The Function of Which We Do Not Speak for a couple of months, but so many threads were hijacked by him that people would quote him and react to him constantly, so not only did I see many of his posts anyway, but I had no idea what was going on in the threads.

Takes one to know one.

Blalron, there are a couple of good reasons for some people not to post their locations. China and Iran, among other countries, strictly monitor internet usage by their citizens. While Alde may not be the most Western among us, he’s fully aware he’s posting on a Western message board with liberal leanings. Some monitoring is done at the ISP side, some monitoring is done, presumably, by spies. Maybe he wants to run for office or return to his country someday, and doesn’t want a bad paper trail.

Also, it’s pretty apparent that any location information he gives is used to discredit his arguments. Mehitabel has gotten dirty and personal even in this thread where she was begged to stop. (Classy, by the way). Alde’s assumption that more information would lead to more harassment seems valid. Everything he says is already used against him.

As for the thread, Aldebaran’s propensity to get personal is defensive and immature. Mehitabel’s taunting is aggressive and cruel. As the thread continues, the probability of that becoming an East/West metaphor approaches one.

I think a more pertinent question is why are people so keen to learn where other members live?