Mehitabel, I am married. Start stalking someone else.

Alberto! You are shocking!
:slight_smile:
nice location, dude…

While fighting ignorance may begin at home, I bet Cecil wouldn’t even take up this challenge. At least not in my neighborhood. Ugh.

Oooh, first pit thread!! It’s by–who? Well, that’s anticlimatic.

Ok, I admit it. I had thought that the Arab world was divided into different countries with different histories, experiences, and viewpoints, but now that I’m told they’re one huge undifferentiated mass and it doesn’t matter where somebody comes who speaks for it, I’ll just lump Saudis, Egyptians, Yemenis, etc. all together. It doesn’t matter which nation somebody who claims to speak for All Arabs come from. Got it.

I am not stalking you, my little Belgian, but after so many threads I am growing tired of your many attempts to distort and hijack so many threads with your florid and aggressive prose.

Here’s the deal: I will no longer post in any thread you post in if you refrain from this point forward from stereotyping the other posters in the thread by where they are from. Do not assume that all Westerners, Americans, or Europeans support a certain position that you disagree with. Do not ask questions in a leading or snide way. Do not attack those who disagree with you in a personal way. Be humble and try to learn like the true scholar you claim to be.

Deal?

BTW, number of pit threads about him since April 2003: six.

Number started by me: zero.

Just FTR. The fact that he singles me out and not any of his male detractors may reveal a bit about how he sees women.

Well said, Mehitabel.

I have not had the pleasure (??) to participate in any of the threads posted as evidence :rolleyes: in the OP but I did open and review enough of them to see nothing to support this pitting unless the OP includes a lot of other posters…which would kind of negate the concept of a MB…wouldn’t it?

Can you say delusional? :wally

In my experience with you on this message board you already lump every Arab and especially those in the ME together, so what is now so new about this?
Can you also tell me who claims here to be speaking for All Arabs besides what the little voice in your head tells you about this?
By the way; can you also explain in detail what importance the nationality of a person has who by some official appointment would be able to speak for All Arabs?

What you “got” obviously is little voices speaking in your head.

You do it again.
Why no moderator ever told you that harassing othe members and persistently trying to spread false information about other members is in violation of the rules is a little mistery.
Yet whenever the voices in your head do not prevent you from normal reading and normal reasoning, you can find that spelled out in the SDMB rules all by yourself

Now I feel so sad for your. Not only do the little voices in your head command you to read posts you clearly do not understand; they also prevent you from discovering a very handy board tool named “ignore”.
Try to look it up. It is not difficult to use.

Your little voices now obviously told you that I make “deals” with people who listen to little voices in their head?
This is going to end in disappointment and girly tears.

Now your voices even bring you to believe that you are in a position of power over an anonymous poster on a message board.
Together with your obvious incompetence to read my posts, your incompetence to use a simple tool that makes that you don’t even need to look at them, this dramatic turn in your approach proves that you came to a stage where I would recommend professional help to silence those nasty little voices in your head.

You are now in a stage even far beyond the above described. You are now heading towards the sun thinking you are the centre of the universe.
I would recommend you to take a mirror and try to look in it ignoring these little voices talking to you.
I shall tell you what I see in it.
I see a grown up woman who despite the fact that on occasion she can reason like an adult, on other occasions she never got beyong the littl-girl-in-US Highscool- mentality. That is when the little voices talk to her and she finds that very cosy, because she likes to think in this typical little girl world, where the world still turns auround here and her little demands.
Well, I have nothing against your nostalgic looking back in your personal history.
I have only something against it that for some reason you come to a message board and then pick a victim to be the centre of your girly-like reasoning and attidudes. The more since for some obscure reason the girly voices in your head told you to pick me.

Time for you to realize that we are not on a little girl’s highschool playground here.

Salaam. A

Do I need to post some more links to your idiocies “about” me?

1. Nobody but you comes into threads to post fantasies and fairy tales like the ones I linked to. They all come from you. You are the only one with such a weird obsession and the only one who with harrassing me and following me around in an attempt to spread false information about me constantly breaking the ruls of this message board. You disturb conversations whereever you can with yuour idiocies.
  2. Since I don’t have the ability to see through cyberspace, tell me how I can be sure that you are a woman?
  3. How do I “see” women in your opinion? (Now we come to the real reason behind your strange obsession, no?)

Salaam. A

Got over that, didn’t you?

(Yeah, I know, just throwing unneeded fuel on the fire of this ridiculous pissing match before the mods come by and put it out, right?)

Aldebaran, if you really wanted to put a permanent stop to Mehitabel’s behavior, you’d have emailed a Mod or someone else you trust on the board and asked them to forward an email from you to Mehitabel politely asking her to do so. You didn’t want that, though; you thought you’d make an attempt at publicly humiliating a ‘nosy woman’. You don’t necessarily want to lose her attention, you wanted even more and from other people telling you that you’re right.

That inserted quote was from this thread :

So, Where are you from Aldebaran? :smiley:

Then why don’t you use it? You’re obviously not, otherwise this thread wouldn’t be here.

Aldebaran -

I think you would be doing all of us an honor if you told us not what country you are from, but rather why you are unwilling or unable to tell us what country you are from. Please note that I do not consider your origin or your motives to be any of my business. Nor do I consider it my right to ask you thee questions, as it is not. It is purely from curiosity that I ask why you have taken the unusual move - for this board - of chosing to exercise discretion about your national background. I believe that an answer to my question, which you have no obligation to give, will help clear the air in this and other threads and restore a certain modicum of order and harmony to the discussion (so much as that is realistically possible on this board) by forestalling additional distracting digressions.

Thank you.

I hear he’s from Belgium, but that may be just a rumour.

You clearly have no idea what you talk about. Two moderators received months a go a very extensive list with links, all leading to similar posts as I gave links to in this thread. All made by Mehitabel. I asked them if they could ask her to stop this.
In addition, I asked the same when I used the “report this post” button.

Never received a reaction.

Yçu can however find on the ATMB a thread I made there handling about a serious problem the behaviour of Mehitabel provoked, and involving one of the moderators.

Yes, we have here once again a self-declared and clear-voyant psychiatrist.

See above. By the way, are you sure this comment does not has some bigotted origin somwhere deep in your mind?

So sorry to disturb your dreams of being a skilled, professional clear voyant psychiatrist, but I have enough “attention” in real life from people who are very much worth mine. That includes two stunningly beautiful, intelligent highly educated women with whom I am married and with whom I have children.
I am quite sure that even if I knew Mehitabel in real life she would have a lot of problems to attrackt my attention. I am even sure she would fail completely in trying.

Maybe you can go back to your highschool playground to meet Mehitabel somewhere?
Salaam. A

If I used it or not has really no relation with this thread.
The problem of Mehitabel constistently, repeatedly, non-stop posting false information about my “identity” as it is born and shaped in her vivid fantasy stays visible and hence is read by the other members.
The confusion this provokes lead repeatedly to situations where people show up in discussions and declare me to be “Belgian” (sometimes they even added that “Mehitabel said so”) and hence to them I “don’t know what I talk about” or “I am an immigrant only thinking to know what goes on while I do not live there” when I talk about my region of the world. The variations on this theme are legio.
The same when people come to read her vivid fantasies about “Aldebaran the
Saudi”.

It is difficult enough as it is for me to write in this language. I have now more then enough of it that I have to repeat over and over again that Mehitabel has no clue about me and that what she spreads about me only lives in her fantasy.

Salaam. A

Has it ever ocurred to you that Mehitabel might not warrent a reaction?

Oh, give it a rest already.

What do you care? You’re you, they’re just a bunch of anonymous posters on a message board. As long as you are who you claim to be, what the people behind those electrons think doesn’t matter.

Isn’t that in essence what the OP is telling Mehitabel? So what’s your problem since you seem to agree?

If I could do this, then I would also have no problem to inform you about the rest :).

I don’t know about that. I think there are many others who don’t post their location.
Like I said: We are here not in a private club, we are on the World Wide Web. Nothing what I post here or no IP I use shall give someone reading them a lead to my identity, location, nationality. I simply do not take that risk and for several reasons.

Well, it is exactly to avoid further distraction caused by Mehitabel’s fantasies that I insist that she stops this.
If she never had started this I seriously doubt people would even be interested where I’m from.
She wanted to cause confusion, she wanted people to become curious, obviously because she thought that all of this would help her to get her little wishes furfilled.
Salaam. A

Sort of. Are you familiar with the phrase “physician, heal thyself”? That’s what I was telling Aldebaran.

I care in so far that discussions I spend my time on become impossible when they are on a rather frequent base interrupted by people who start talking about my nationality and what Mehitabel spreads about it, instead of focussing on the discussion.
I don’t come here to refute time and time again Mehitabel’s fantasy before to be able to proceed with the by this spreaded fantasy derailed discussion.
Salaam. A