More Personal Peculiarities

I like eating the only-partially-popped popcorn kernels.

I don’t like anyone to touch my face.

The sound of children’s laughter is worse than fingernails on a blackboard to me. It literally upsets my stomach and I have to move out of hearing range. Likewise, I will not allow myself to be subjected to “Free Bird”.

I have the same breakfast almost every morning, half a cup of high fiber cereal, no milk. Milk is for coffee!

When I leave the house, I tell the dog, “Kill the intruders and don’t pee on anything.”

I feel strongly about food being the proper color.

I declare one of my axolotls to be in charge. Normally the slightly elder of the two, but lately the younger one’s been getting a turn. I don’t want him to feel left out, and after all, he’s more than old enough for the responsibility now.

When I walk into “my” bar, I always yell to the bartender, “If my wife calls, I’m not here”. It’s a long standing joke and I say it even if I walk in with her. It’s her favorite bar as well.

“Old Maids” I like them too. I try to discipline myself not to do it if anyone else is home though, because I end up walking around with a mouthful of them slowly grinding them down between my molars. Incredibly annoying habit.
I can’t drink the last bit of anything in a cup once I’ve set it down; and if I’m still thirsty I need a new cup. If I drink a whole glass of water quickly, I’m OK. But if I set the cup down and then absentmindedly pick it up and drink the last mouthful, Ill feel physically nauseated by it. It’s as if I just consumed a mouthful of warm spit. When the movie “Signs” came out, I got calls from every friend who saw it. . .

I have an inability to relax until everything is ready for the next day. After cooking and eating dinner, I fix lunches for the next day, set out the non perishable items in our lunch bags, clean the kitchen, set out breakfast place settings, set up the coffee to auto start, lay out the clothing I plan to wear the next day along with the pocket stuff. With all of that done, i shower and shave, and then I can relax until bed.

My wife has gotten used to this, and maybe does not see it as OCD, but I am not fooling myself at all…

On the way out the door, I tell my kitten Jerry to “Guard!”

I see nothing “peculiar” about asking the cats to keep away burglars.

There’s nothing remotely peculiar about that. They’re the tastiest ones.

I tend to be the opposite. I’ve grown up being taught this was wasteful, so if I don’t eat every last bite, it’s a doggie bag for me.

Not until now :dubious:

This isn’t my oddity, but one I used to see all the time at a (much) earlier job.

A couple of us had the habit of getting a mid-morning snack at a local cafe / coffee place. Every day (it seemed) we’d see “the muffin man”. This was a guy who would buy several muffins and read the paper while he was eating them. He’d have the newspaper spread flat on the table in front of him. As he was reading and turning the pages, he would eat ONLY THE TOP of the muffin. When he finished the top, he would put the remainder down on the left side of the newspaper in front of him. As he turned the pages, the muffin bottoms got covered by the pages as he turned them. He would repeat this process until the muffin tops and newspaper was finished. So as he walked away from the table, there would be a newspaper with several muffin bottoms inside of it at random pages. Very odd.

J.

Whenever I drive over the highest freeway point in the entire city, I always yell “Top of the world, Ma!”.

I do this, too.

I yell, “Be good, kids!” when I leave the house.

I have cats, not children.

And they always do something they shouldn’t anyway.

I have a habit of telling my dogs “come here if you want to” when I don’t really care if they come or not. That’s all that coming to mind right now.

Actually, he looks like he’d be useful in a fight. . . LOL!

I always eat what I like least on the plate first, and save my favorite for last.

Whenever I trigger an automatic door, I do a little semicircular wave with my hand and pretend I’m opening it with the Force.

I have always preferred longstemmed little spoons to regular adult spoons. The proper name is demitasse spoon, right? Anyway, I have them in my cup of tea, with dessert, when snacking, and with dinner. The spoon section in my silverware drawer is filled with demitasse spoons and the regular spoons have been banished to the back of the drawer.