More Personal Peculiarities

Me too…some with motion controlled lights…“magic”

I always say “thank you, door!” in my best Rod & Todd voice.

I’ll tell it ‘as you were’ or ‘at ease’.

The dogs are requested to ‘hold the fort’

I tell my dog “you’re the man of the house now, Captain!” when I leave in the morning.

No idea how my husband feels about that.

My non-dress shoes have been the same style made by the same company for at least the last ten years. As long as they make them, they are what I will keep buying.

With a fortune cookie, I first break it in two and eat the half that does not hold the fortune, holding the fortune half in my hand. Only after completely eating the first half will I pull the fortune out of the other half. I fully read it and the numbers on the back and reflect for a moment. Then I eat the other half of the cookie. I think it’s a learned behavior, but I’m not sure since I’ve been doing it as long as I can remember. I always think that if I don’t do it that way, the fortune will be lost.

Any type of white savory food, like cottage cheese or mashed potatoes, I have to sprinkle black pepper on before I can eat. It’s weird because I’m not the type to otherwise salt or pepper something before tasting it first. It has to do with the beauty of the contrast of the black specks on a white base.

This is reasonable behavior – I do it too. When I was a kid eating with my Grandad, he would always gobble up his vegetables first. Grandma said it was because he didn’t like them so he wanted to get them out of the quickly. I decided that I was anti-vegetable too and did the same thing.

People on the street just can’t help coming up to me & asking “can I talk to you”?Mind you there are plenty of other people (i.e women) around they could get their answer from.

I’m the opposite. I always eat my favorite thing first (and, like an earlier poster, I finish one thing entirely before I move to the next).

This behavior was justified when I met my husband, who repeated his grandfather’s wisdom: “If you eat the best first, then you’re always eating the best thing there is.”

We are kindred spirits you and I. I do the exact same thing, even down to the same brand of chips.

Aside from that, when I empty the dishwasher, I put the clean plates and glasses at the bottom or back of their cabinet spaces so all my dishes and glasses get used through rotation.

I always save the best for last. If I’m eating a sandwich, I eat around the edge first, then the middle. If I’m eating a slice of pizza, I eat the edge first. Don’t ask how I eat cake.

This one is probably common enough that its not even peculiar, but when eating M&Ms, I eat all of one color before proceeding to the next.

By edge you mean the outer ring of crust, right? I remember that “how do you eat pizza?” was the subject of a commercial campaign way back when. Doesn’t the piece get really floppy after you’ve eaten the handle :confused:

According to one of the Star Trek books, this can only mean that you are a Romulan.

Me, too.

Always glad to hear from you, my brother/sister/other-please-list.

I won’t ask, I’ll tell. Cake must be eaten inside out and from the bottom up, saving a small sliver of cake and all of the icing for last. 'Tis the only way.

That’s so you can toss out the frosting, right?

If by “toss out” you mean “savor every sweet bite with just enough cake that it doesn’t appear that you are eating straight frosting”, then yes.

I do this with peanuts. I sort the halves and pieces and eat them first and save the whole peanuts for last.

I also eat the burnt/browned chips out of the bag first, save the old maid popcorn kernals for last because they are the best, and eat the chocolate off my reese’s cups first and eat the peanut butter separately.

When I’m driving and I see a turtle crossing the road, I yell ‘run, turtle, run!’.

Once a dirty dish goes in the sink, it is “dirty” and I will not use it again. Dirty dishes left on the countertop next to the sink are fair game for reuse, but I will not reuse a dish after it has been in the sink.

When eating Lays potato chips, I eat the ones that are folded over first.