Newsmax blogger John Perry dreams of military coup against Obama

Nope. It’s well-settled law that “Nice place you got here… shame if something was to happen to it” is not sufficient to evade an extortion charge.

I find it refreshing that the U.S. Criminal code’s definition of sedition doesn’t draw any bullshit pedantic distinction between “advocating” the overthrow of the government and saying “won’t someone rid me of this meddlesome President?”

Oh no, he’ll do the rounds of right-wing talk shows explaining how his lonely voice of dissent was suppressed by the anti-free-speech liberals.

I prefer the Roman term - Dictator.

Hey, they were republicans too!

No, you pansy-assed liberals will have already disarmed yourselves. Second amendment blah blah blah…

Don’t worry though, us clear thinkers will still have ours and will, once again, save your sorry butts.

You’re welcome.

From . . . ?

No; if things go the direction you seem to be implying, you right wingers will be the ones IN the death squads, not the ones fighting them. That’s one of the biggest errors in the whole idea that personal weapons are a barrier to tyranny; the assumption that the armed citizens will be against the tyranny, instead of its enforcers.

Pansy-assed conservatives are fatally mistaken if they think that us pansy-assed liberals have disarmed ourselves. The last thing that any home invader will realize as the coldness closes in is that W convinced us not to have less firepower.

This is true.

You’ve never heard of Sarah Palin, I suppose?

I’m afraid I can’t see much space between her and John Perry. Or Michelle Bachmann, for that matter.

Moved from The BBQ Pit to Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share.

Gfactor
Pit Moderator

Hear, hear! Mundane and pointless.

This is the reason I wish Mr. Perry no jail time. I prefer him to remain mundane and pointless. If he went to jail, fucking *more *people will have heard of him? Do we really need that sort of headache?

He is a Democrat.

Say, Jimmie Joe, any chance you ever might start talking to people here as actual people rather than some sort of bizarre cartoon figures you’ve made up in your head?

Huh. Have any Supreme Court rulings abridged those laws?

It’s just silly to imagine that Perry will get arrested or even charged with sedition. He clearly didn’t advocate for the overthrow of the gpvernment. He imagined that other ‘patriots’ would feel betrayed and do so. He was easily weasely enough to stay out of jail, not to mention the monumental stupidity the Justice Department would to display to charge him.

Now if he was active in the armed services, he certainly might get charged with insubordination. But as a civilian, this isn’t even a close call, IMO, though IANAL.

As a lawyer, I agree. It is at least arguably no different from basing a movie on a Bush-assassination scenario.

So the thing protecting him is his own cowardice. He even insisted the coup be “bloodless”, as if it weren’t worth even as much as a paper cut to save the country from this most dire of all crises in its history.

Mr. Perry and Newsmax, why do you hate America?

Eh, he was just writing up his latest wet dream.