North Korean Crisis - What is the eventual outcome?

We’re in trouble now. Kim has unleashed his fierce women soldiers on us now. :smiley: The high heels are a nice accessory. :smiley:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2307290/North-Korea-deploys-girl-power-West-complete-military-issue-heels.html

This clown just gets funnier and funnier. I’d laugh if real missles weren’t involved.

Someone on another forum posted this old picture as a response to that one.

I’m actually starting to wonder if China might be secretly pushing North Korea towards war. Consider: South Korea is one of the world’s most significant industrial powers. If they just happened to suffer a ruinous war with their whackjob neighbors, then, gosh who will all the cellphone makers and automakers and everyone else who depends on Korean industry turn to? Maybe Japan will get a bit of the work, but it’ll mostly end up in China.

Somehow, I’ve picked up the idea that the NKs are good at digging holes. Deep ones. And, in my layman’s mind, I think that 75’ of earth and rock is good protection from bombardment. Maybe not for a direct hit with a nuke.

As of late, the US seems to prefer using stand off weapons than putting boots on the ground to teach folks a lesson. So, if it ever comes to this, I’d take a lesson from what the US could NOT do during the 1950’s, and send a swarm of cruise missiles targeted for the NK side of all bridges across the Yalu. And take out port facilities too.

FTR, I prefer to think what’s coming out of NK is mostly sabre rattling for domestic consumption.

The whole thing is a joke. NK is still allowing tours to be booked and issuing entry visas like mad (they like hard currency). My guess is that the whole absurd comic opera will die, as soon as L’l Kim understands he’s being ignored.

I wonder if that is what they are doing now. They brought an american up on trumped up charges and are giving him 15 years hard labor.

Maybe they are hoping the US will send an envoy, they will release the guy and then Kim can claim the US was kowtowing to him by doing so.

Hopefully, that’s exactly what happened a few years back when the two CNN journalists were imprisoned.

Carter said he wasn’t going to go over, I don’t know about Clinton or anyone else.

The US sent a high-level delegation to say hi when Un took over. He snubbed them
He snubbed China

This just may be the time the rest of the world decides 2 generations of this crap is enough, and let him keep his token.
It just might be enough to get another UN action - this one with some teeth.
(There are 2 articles of the UN charter which authorize military force - so far, none of the sanctions against DPRK have cited those articles.