North of the north pole?

I don’t know, considering the magnetic field of the earth is generated by a spinning liquid metal core, the magnetic field actually extends past the soil or ice or snowpack or what-have-you at the geographic magnetic north pole. I think it’s rather accurate to say that what’s “north” of the north pole is atmosphere and then space.

…and beyond! :slight_smile:

Yes, but you have to have pity on poor Zeno. He suffered serious problems with his Pole, being impotent, you see. No matter how close he got, he never quite could get all the way to orgasm! :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not widely known, but humans actually went north of the North Pole once. In the 1960s. For about 20 minutes.

w.

So, as you approach the north pole you make a 90 degree turn to continue going north?

Just a note…

Up here in Canuckistan, our loyal postal employees “direct” (answer) letters to Santa… (as a volunteer service)… The Postal code is H0H0H0… write early (ie early Novemeber, if you want a timely reply)
Regards,
FML

PS: I think it was Stephan Hawking who said “Asking what happened before the Big Bang is like asking what is north of the north pole…”

Actually, if you had a 3-d compass (not too difficult in principle), and always followed the needle on it, you’d be above the surface at the equator, and dive down into the Earth and through it to the south at some distance from the surface pole. When you came out down south, you’d then climb back into the sky, and loop around back to your starting point. Remember, boys and girls, with very, very rare exceptions, magnetic field lines are always closed loops.

Damn, when do they open again? I wanted to ride one. :frowning: