Obese Woman Ruins Theatre

It was either that or sit next to the asshole again.

Sort of. Seat numbers are printed on the tickets, and for busy films (say, the first fortnight or so of the last Harry Potter release) then usually they have people checking your tickets and pointing out your seat - otherwise (say, they expect less than two-thirds seating to be taken up) they don’t enforce it.

This man is worse than Hitler.

Too bad Addy wasn’t a drinker. Imagine the stories we could tell!

To put in a serious answer to the OP. The theater should have been ready to assign different seating for the OP, it is there responsibility to provide adequate seating for all their customers. If large people take up two or more seats then it is up to the theater as a buisness to decide if it will charge more for seating such people.

You keep saying this. A cynical part of me sort of suspects that if you really didn’t mean it, you would use your backspace key.

Nevertheless I sympathize at the frustration of sitting next to someone who is taking more than their allotment of space, either due to their weight or because they’re not keeping their various body parts to themself.

The problem is, in a lot of theatres (and I know from whence I speak) the seats are on the smallish side. Espcially in stage theatres in NYC, many of which were built over 100 years ago. And many movie theaters use the same specs when designing there seating. Smaller seats = more seats in the same space = more people in the theater = more money.
It is for this reason I haven’t gone to see a play or a musical in years, and only go to see movies in the theatre I know has comfortable seats.

But the OPs attitude is most definitely NOT one of tolerance or undersanding, in spite of what he has typed.

One curious note; the OP repeated this line

verbatim three times in the OP, including the semicolon.

Or, on preview, what Excalibre said, but damnit, I had this post prepped before he posted, so it still counts.

Alright I’ll put it here.

Yes, it is terrible to live like that. My Uncle weighs at least 400 lbs. He buys two tickets when he goes out. Mostly, he stays home.

He is a wonderful, clever, funny person who hates himself and abuses food.

Standard boilerplate disclaimer, allowing one to spew any number of insults with impunity. Kind of like Jerry and George’s “Not that there’s anything wrong with that!”

As a fat person, I feel as if I have been brutally gang-raped by this thread.

on the contrary. The only culprit is the OP, the rest of us have been dissecting his post

Seriously?

:smiley:

Sure, that’s really what you’re concerned about. Clearly she was able to get up and move around at intermission, so she is mobile. Or were you planning on climbing over everyone in your hurry to escape the fire and she presents too big an obstacle??

How much for a “whoosh”? One bright penny. :wink:

I already had the brye out of the fridge… :frowning:

Huh. Never thought of the OP as a Caryl Churchill fan.

Well, that’s why I asked. Seemed too extreme to be anyting other than a joke. But then again, I have seen worse over-reactions in the Pit before.

I tried so hard not to laugh outloud at this.

I failed.