OJ Simpson has died

No longer the most controversial person to have ever hosted Saturday Night Live. Thoughts?

Nicole Brown Simpson’s killer died

He was 76.

ETA: News report

He was 76 years old. Apparently died of unspecified cancer.

Who was the other controversial host?

I remember where I was while police were chasing the Bronco and the story was unfolding.

Good riddance.

Prostate cancer. Not described as “after a courageous battle with cancer,” as is common in obituaries but rather “cowardly hiding in the bushes and slashing at it savagely and remorselessly.”

Rumors are prostate cancer:

I find myself barely able to care at this point outside of wondering if this thread should be in the Game room or the Cafe. Athlete, Actor, Criminal, quite the legacy.

Trump, but this is not the thread to talk about Trump.

Dammit, there goes my plans to start the 30-yr Bronco Chase anniversary thread I had scheduled.

Sure it was cancer? They need to find the real killer.

Cancer: “If I did it…”

Where are they planting him? I have to tap a kidney.

It was the sequels from all those beatings he got on The Naked Gun movies, probably when he fell down those stairs on a wheelchair…

Me too – that surreal slo-mo. There was a very strong sense we were watching a historic moment on TV that would be remembered for a very long time, and that turned out to be correct. I also remember being at work in Los Angeles when the verdict was announced – someone brought in a TV – and the entire office was hoping he’d be acquitted. We all thought he was guilty as hell, but were pretty fresh off the Rodney King riots and hoped for no more civil disturbance.

I mean, that is how you’d want to fight cancer. As for O.J., too bad so sad.

Was there any death bed confessionals?

My best friend called me - “are you watching this?” I wasn’t, so we watched it together, him in NYC, me in Texas, commenting on how surreal it was. I mean, and still is.

Did Roman Polanski ever host?

Not the thread for SNL talk, but please start one. I’m kind of interested also.

Moderating done.

.A sealed envelope containing his confession and left with his lawyer, to be opened after his death, would be interesting.