(Old) Don't Sleep On The President's Day Sales - A Mattress MMP

I took a McDinner to FCD an hour or so ago. They were expecting MILto be taken to a room within an hour. I’m hoping to hear he’s on his way home soon. The ER was packed to overflowing - 30 rooms plus several people in the hall. I have to wonder how many should have gone to urgent care or a Dr office, but couldn’t afford it. I remember one of my aunts using the ER that way.

Anyway, that’s where it stands now.

Daughter and her crew stopped by on their way home. Tobias had a red plush t-rex and Roxy had a polished heart-shaped stone. They had a good time. And it was the first time ever that SIL went to a museum. I can’t wrap my head around that. They plan to return to see the Air and Space Museum.

And so, I sit in my recliner waiting for my poor sweetie to get home. Not a good day.

{{{FCM}}} is a complete sentence, Discourse.

I napped. I dreamed I had all 4 cars at school, and I accidently went to the school 7-11 to get the keys, so they got locked up on campus. So me and 3 guys decided to walk the couple of miles to home to get the spare keys. We were looking at a junkyard looking at shrink wrapped tinfoil cars, when the owner popped out of a dumpster, and started shooting(unfortunately we didn’t have any dish detergent). So we wound up at a downtown hotel where they were keeping prisoners till there was room at the jail. But now I’m up off the rest slab, and having an old Fashioned and watching hockey.

“Welcome to Crazy Eddie’s 18th Annual Going Out Of Business Sale!”

{{{{FairyChats}}}}

rye whiskey.

Take care of yourself, we’ll keep you seat warm for you. But glad unpugging day went well.

How can you not have a good time when you have a plush T Rex?(I prefer Triceratops)

Actually, they are the software cartridges for my die cutting machines. I use legacy Cricut machines and haven’t updated because I have a metric shit ton of cartridges, most of which I bought as linked, so I couldn’t use them on a newer machine and would have to purchase the same stuff as downloads. The booklets show the options for each button on the keyboard.

Pullet eggs are often small like that. As hens age, they begin to lay bigger eggs, then, like humans, when they get old, they lay less frequently. That tends to be when they make the ultimate sacrifice for a pot of chicken and dumplings.

That’s because they don’t make Chevy Caprice or Ford Crown Vics anymore.

{{{FairyChats}}}

I got pulled to Presort today. Not a bad gig, even though I’m out amongst a lot more people. Came home, walked Nelson, et and worked on some cards before I get started on the commissioned wedding album this weekend (I even put in for a PTO day Monday to work on it).

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Y’all! Home from men’s night over to the church house. We had a good crowd, and as usual, solved all the world’s problems but no one ever listens to us. We also discussed the big upcomin’ fish fry to be held on March first. We are puttin’ it on, so plans had to be made. The menu shall consist of fried catfish, hush puppies, fries, slaw, brownies, pound cake, and ice cream. Stations of The Cross will be done just before we serve. So, ‘twill be a bzzy afternoon of prep and cookin’ that Firday, but I lurve doin’ this kind of stuff.

MOOOOOM don’t know what to say except to wish for the best possible outcome. BTDT with both my 'rents.

Well, my bullshit sure did sound good though, LOL!!!

Lasagna is in the oven. I was wearing a cream colored sweater and managed to keep it clean all the way until I wanted to take it off before wiping down the counters. Dang it!

YEAH!!! You deserve some good times between work trips.

Thanks, she’s a figuring it out kittah! I think she likes her “step”, she brought me all of her toys while I was putting dinner together and two of them followed me back here.

HORROR!!! :scream:

The commercials (and SWMBO) say you don’t even have to rinse them before putting them in the washer!

I have been so stressed about my extraction tomorrow, its awful. Your wonderful comment( dishwash liquid) made me LOL and made me feel a lot better.

Dinner was great. I dithered about if I should boil the gluten free noodles or use them straight out of the box and ended up soaking them which worked as hoped.

I made some bleu cheese dressing so hubs was happy with his rabbit food. I could probably feed him raw potatoes with homemade bleu cheese dressing and he’d chow down, so basically my lovingly made, pretty green salads with radishes cut into hearts and cherry tomatoes cut into flowers is just a bleu cheese delivery system. I totally do get that, hence kicking him out of the kitchen when I’m making it. Between the two of us, we wouldn’t have enough bleu cheese left to make the dressing.

Coppertone, I don’t blame you about being stressed, but it will be fine. Dentists are much better at that sort of thing than in years past and as long as you can stop yourself from poking the hole with your tongue (which will be very hard), you will heal quickly.

FCM, I’ve been sending more good wishes your way.

Everybody who could call yesterday did, so I got all caught up on family news. Both kids called, of course. My son has a bad sinus infection, which triggered his asthma, so we didn’t talk long. He went to Urgent Care today, but of course they wouldn’t give him antibiotics. Most sinus infections are viral, so antibiotics shouldn’t be prescribed; however, when I get a sinus infection, it drags on for weeks and eventually becomes bacterial. And the issue with him is that asthma makes every respiratory malady take forever to recuperate. I’m glad he’s got a smart wife who’ll keep an eye on him. This slows down their move, though.

My daughter has gained 5 pounds, which is a big victory. She doesn’t have an eating disorder; she’s had stomach issues, though, and is underweight. I think her anxiety med is helping, but I suspect therapy for dealing with her a$$hole dad is also a factor. (Her therapist has referred to him as an a$$hole a few times, so it’s official, and I’m not swearing.)

FCM, I hope that whatever is going on with MIL that the way forward is smooth sailing. And the grands are adorable. That’s an objective opinion from an unbiased bystander. :slight_smile:

Oopsie, yay for getting Bailey back. Bailey, yay for getting your person back! Best of luck in finding steps!

Wow, pilot, your housemate is a country song and a soap opera combined. That’s too much to go through for any twenty-something. I hope life smooths out for her.

Boo, so glad you got to see your young’un and that you’ve had a great time. How long of a train ride is it back to your Nebraska homestead?

Spicy, I hope your health allows you to just rearrange your hours here, as we’d miss you if you had to leave entirely for awhile. I’m glad you’re putting your health first, though. Executive function is so important. I hope you get it all squared away again soon, either on your own or with professional help. Wishing you the best of luck!

Help an easily confused Italian gal out, wouldja please? If you made ricotta and cottage cheese, why the cottage cheese instead of the ricotta in the lasagna?

I am now imagining him in the infamous scene in Titanic, only if he’s Jack, he’s not giving up that door for anybody.

Wow, flyboy, you were way past due for the new shoes!

Be grateful he doesn’t have opposable thumbs and a credit card. Your whiskey bill would be astronomical.

Unless they’re my daughter’s chickens. They’ll progress to tiny walkers, then little wheelchairs before she hires a harpist to waft them on their way to chicken heaven.

That’s what two different dishwasher installers and my scary-smart DIL tell me. It must be true!

JtC, I’m with you and your hubby on bleu cheese anything. I’m VERY impressed with your radish- and tomato-carving skills!

Tomorrow I start a 3 week series of knee injections with HA gel to help the arthritis pain. One a week for 3 weeks. After care is take it easy for 48 hours. I have cookies and popcorn and season 1 DVD of The Sopranos. If you need me I’ll be on the couch.

I use 8 ounces each of ricotta, cottage cheese and parmesan, two eggs, and a pound each Italian sausage and mozzarella. I have never once claimed that my cooking was healthy, gluten free noodles be damned!!!

Is lasagna as made by Americans really Italian anymore?

Snert! That’s kinda how CG treats his “girls”. They are pets that give eggs in season, not egg laying machines. He doesn’t leave the lights on during the winter and they stop laying until they start getting more sunlight in the spring. He says it makes them live longer.

Boy, that stuff is da bomb! I always have problems cooking with it because I wanna put it all in my mouth!

I have been spending too much time watching cooking shows, haven’t I?

I hope they help. Hubs used to get knee injections and they didn’t seem terrible uncomfortable, but your plans are good ones.

Happy Moonday!

I swear I am going to try to keep up with y’all in here.

I’ve been trying to get it together; everything feels out of control.
It isn’t, but it feels that way.
I’m trying to get back into a routine.

My son got laid off for four weeks. I gave him a list but he is not doing much.
Most of the stuff on the list is stuff I need to do anyway, but I made a separate list just for him. My bedroom carpet needs to be shampooed. It’s off white and the dogs like to lay in there when they chew on their bones. It doesn’t take much for spots to show up.
I need his help to rearrange things in my bedroom. I miss my old bedroom; it was the perfect size for my furniture 10x15.
This bedroom is 8x20. Because of the walk-in closet, the far wall is only 5 feet wide.
It’s going to feel cramped and awkward no matter how I arrange things.
I don’t know why you would out an addition onto a house and make it only eight feet wide.
A ramp for the GR takes up the room at the bottom of the bed. It’s the same setup we had for Ripple when he couldn’t jump on the bed anymore. There’s a storage bench and butting up against it is one of those foam blocks for elevating your legs in bed. They walk up the ramp to the bench and then a little hop onto the bed.
Echo has springs in her legs, she can easily jump on a table from a standstill.

We haven’t gone to the park for three days and it’s showing in the little brats. They are bored and don’t know what to do with themselves.

Misiu was a little shit tonight. He asked to go out and the dogs had just come in. As soon as I put them out, Misiu scratched the door to come back in. He didn’t want to go out, he wanted the bone Echo had. She and Rayleigh ran out with Misiu, then he came back in by himself and ran to get the bone.
Never mind that there are at least four identical bones out, they always want the same one.

I think my garage door is fixed. We won’t know for sure until it rains again. It wasn’t as expensive as I thought it would be, $119.

I’m glad you had a good trip FCM and made it home safely.
I’m sorry about your MIL.

I’m sorry about your marriage Pilot.

I’m sorry to hear your hubby is having some issues JtC.

Now I am heading for bed, before Misiu makes me any crazier.
My son is awake, he can deal with the craziness, unless Misiu settles down.

Thanky. Its not the healing I’m stressed about. Its the fact that 1 tooth will be standing alone and hoping I don’t bite something hard the wrong way.
I am more stressed about my hair loss.

I do too. She seems a decent character, if a little star-crossed. I am pleased that she and her drama will be departing here in a couple days and won’t be an ongoing feature of our landscape.

I’m seated, with my awkward portable 02 concentrator plugged in, squirting 02 into my nostrils, leg rest up. iPad perched on the tray table and charging, blankie spread over my lap and legs (for some reason they keep Amtrak coaches very cool-a blankie is needed-when I try to sleep I’ll probably put my coat back on too-poor pilot would be shivering and his teeth would be chattering).

I have water bottles and lots of snacks, books on Libby and a dead tree book in my bag. Every essential except a purring Siamese to snuggle on my lap. My son and DIL fed me a fun black garlic pork belly ramen dinner just before putting me on the train so I wont even need to climb the twisty tortuous stairs to the cafe on the upper level.

Yep. Loaded me on time, but waited a few minutes to depart so the “ski⛷️ train⛷️” could back into the station. We’re now on the way, creeping out of the city proper, not out into open country yet. It was night all the way here and it will be night all the way home so I’m not getting much scenery except some stars and moon where the sky is not cloudy. I get home at 3:20am Central time, left Denver at 7:15pm Moutain time, so I think that makes it 7 hours rolling.

Oops-I put the answer above. I think it’s 7 hours. I’ll Lyft or Uber the 1 & 1/2 miles from the station home, to one pissed off Siamese that I will be ever so glad to see. Tomorrow will be a never get out of my nightgown and robe day. Maybe I’ll unpack, probably not, may just rest and pet the kitty all day and try to get back in her good graces.

I’m not sure it ever was. When my husband and I moved to northern Montana circa 1980, none of the stores carried ricotta. I complained to a friend from Iowa. She looked confused. She’d never heard of ricotta. I guess people do the best they can with what they have. At a dinner party, the woman across from me proudly gave me her spaghetti sauce recipe. The only ingredients I recall are Campbell’s tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, and pickle relish. I had a tough time not letting my disgust show, but to her, it was delicious and authentic.

[hurk hurk] That “spaghetti sauce” sounds absolutely abominable.

My late New Zealand husband was fond of telling the story about when he was a lad in the 60s and 70s and tourists would come to the pub in his South Island village. Once, someone asked for pizza. The pub owner asked what that was, and the tourist replied it was like baked flat bread with tomato sauce on it and some cheese.

The pub owner returned shortly with a piece of buttered toast, Spaghettios poured over the top and a slab of cheese melted over all. Pizza.

Bless her heart.

Cracks up!

I woulda eaten that back when I was a young and poor! Sans butter, of course. That would be just too greasy.

So, I’m now cracking up over us retired folks being so unexpectedly busy again. NF and I had negotiated lunch on Wednesday. She just texted me saying that her hubs hadn’t put a doctor appointment on the calendar and they just got a reminder notice. Of course the appointment is at the same time as our lunch plans so we will have to start over again.

I offered to bring a generous slice of lasagna to give her at Tai chi and warned her that it was not healthy. They just happen to love my not healthy food, so she accepted right away.

@purplehorseshoe Our hotel reservations for the eclipse are in DFW. I’m thinking about going to the Museum of Art in Dallas but wonder about traffic coming back. How are the roads when there aren’t millions of excited geeks out and about? We will just need to get back to our hotel, we won’t be leaving town until morning. I can’t sit for longer than an hour at a time lest my hip starts seizing up hence my concern about traffic. Bottom line is: will the traffic be worth an extra minute of totality?