Old School #straightdope IRC Night Sept 10

You didn’t miss it. It is still going.

We should start moving these things to some time between 12:30am and 2:00am central. For no reason in particular.

Wow, you are a mean old lady.

darn, my internet connection was down and i couldn’t join. hopefully next time.

I popped in right before I posted, but I did it through an alleged java undernet app on the web. Maybe I need to break down and load up mIRC (I haven’t had that on a computer in YEARS!) for next time, if you say you were still going. Nobody was in #straightdope coming from the app I used.

Are you sure you hit an Undernet server, Opal (e.g., us.undernet.org), and not Alternet or one of the others?

There are a few warm bodies lurking in chat tonight if anyone would like to join!

it was a web app that claimed to be connecting to Undernet.

Idea:

Do we wanna try to maintain a weekend presence, as low-key and minimal it may be? Kinda like the old days. .

Tripler
Just an idea.

I had some problems tonight,

I got kicked out somehow, when I tried to get back in I was told my nicknames were both in use, and when figured out how to change that an get back in, I saw the my earlier nickname was still showing as being online, and I couldn’t figure out how to kill that guy off.

Also, when i got back in, there were serveral folks listed as being there, but no one talking. Maybe all the names were not actually there (like me because my earlier nickname was on the list) or maybe it was something else – I dunno.